Monday 16 November 2020

Well, how was the trip?

As you know Tony and I went off to Auckland for the weekend.
We flew up on Friday morning and were at our friends house by lunchtime. 
It was lovely to see them again and spend some time catching up.
The weather was beautiful. Warm and a little humid, but lovely.
On Saturday we had a very special date to keep. Raewyn (Blog- Love to Stitch/ Stitching Farmgirl.) and I had arranged to meet up at Orewa, which is just a few minutes North of Auckland, where there is a beautiful beach. 
Tony and I were a few minutes early and across the road from the Café we had agreed to meet at, we could see a hint of the beach through the trees., so we went for a quick walk.
What a beautiful beach, it stretched away from us in both directions. Lot's and lots of lovely sand.
We were just taking a quick selfie, when Raewyn messaged to say she had arrived so we rushed back over the road and there she was.
It was lovely to meet in person. We have commented on each others blogs for a while now and of course we have met in Zoom meetings, but it's always nice to meet some one in person.
We chatted while we had a lovely lunch. Raewyn had a long drive still ahead of her as she was heading South to visit her mum.
We exchanged gifts and got Tony to snap a few pics, then sadly we had to say goodbye and go our separate ways.
It was lovely to meet you Raewyn and hopefully we will meet again.
*
After we had said goodbye to Raewyn, we headed back toward Auckland and into Devonport, an area Tony knows well, being an ex Navy man. Once we had parked on the water front I headed straight for Cushla's Village Fabrics. I knew where to go as I had visited last time we were in Auckland. LOL
As soon as I walked through the shop door I spied the sample of this quilt.
So Pretty!
So Blue!
It has Dragonflies!
It has Fairies!
Blue Fairies!
Riding Butterflies! 
😍
So Loulee!
Well, as Janice said...
Of course a Manxgirl is going to be drawn to Fairies! LOL
I took my time and did look around the store, where other things caught my eye, but not quite my heart, in the way the fairies had.
So I bought the kit.
Of course.
When I showed off a picture to Janice on messenger, she wanted to know who it is for??
Really, you need to ask?
ME!
LOL At the time I didn't even think about that, I just wanted it.
It cost a little more than we agreed I could spend.
But my husband is a keeper, he could see that I loved it and agreed to increase the limit. 💖
Once we got back to our friends place, there was just time for a quick shower and a drink of water before we headed back out to meet more friends, this time some of Tony's old Navy buddies.
Once we got home from that gathering I remembered my gift from Raewyn was still in my bag.
Look at the lovely gift wrap.
Tucked inside were two lovely fat quarters of stitchy and crafty themed fabrics.
Aren't they cute?
I have to make something lovely for me using these.
And Raewyn bought a pretty matching thread, so maybe a something with a wee stitched panel.
And the cutest little needle minder.
Opsy! Turn your head sideways for a closer look.
I put him on my lamp to help look after my needles as soon as I got home.
Thank yo Raewyn for such lovely gifts.
I gave Raewyn a wee zippered project pouch/bag (Sorry I forgot to take a photo.) and one of Christmas ornaments, which she said she would keep until Christmas. 
It was a good weekend, we spent time with good people. 



 

11 comments:

dq said...

How wonderful that you two could meet. I felt it a privilege to meet many of you online let alone in person.

One thing I am certain of, quilters are amazing people!

Lin said...

Lovely to meet up with Raewyn and what a great weekend you had! xx

Jenny said...

How lovely, a trip to Auckland catching up with friends. And especially nice to meet Raewyn, I havent had the pleasure yet. Maybe sometime when we take the caravan way up north.

Gail said...

Good times! Gorgeous new project!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful you could meet up with Raewyn, she is a lovely person. Your time in Auckland sounded great, love the kit you bought, the fairies and dragonflies are beautiful. Your gift is lovely too.

Janice said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend away and a highlight to meet with Raewyn. I'm sure you will get stuck into your new quilt kit soon. It is gorgeous. So, what's with Tony's new beard?

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh how wonderful you girls got to meet in real life......
Sounds like a great weekend...... Nice quilt kit.... Got it finished yet?

jude's page said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all, and great that you met up with Raewyn. LOok forward to seeing progress on your new project.

Ondrea said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time catching up. Love all your gifts from Raewyn and that gorgeous wrapping paper. Enjoy your fairies.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Lovely post Lou,
so neat you were able to meet with Raewyn, exchange gifts, walk at the beach and shop for fabrics. Sounds like a perfect week.

Raewyn said...

Lovely post Lou..... It sounds like you really enjoyed your weekend away and it was so nice to meet you both :-) Hopefully we can do it again! I'm glad you liked the gift, and also that you had a fabulous time fairy quilt shopping!