Monday 30 November 2020

Two finishes.

It felt like a very short weekend, but I'm happy to say, it was a good one. I have two finishes to show off today. First up, 
OH My Blue Stars!
As you know, the top really didn't take long to complete and so it continued with the quilting and binding. I stuck with a simple cross hatch quilting. Less is more and all that.
Then I added the binding and Voila! It was completed in an afternoon.
I had to dig about a bit in the stash to find just the right backing. I was sure I had a bit tucked away somewhere.
It's not a wide quilt backing, or even lovely quilting fabric, but a repurposed duvet cover. It was important that I find it though as I first used it as the backing and binding on a quilt I made for DS Joe,
 and it seemed right that I use it as the backing for a quilt for his DS Torstein. 
My other finish for the weekend, was to finally complete the binding on the big Purple Turning Twenty quilt for Charmaine.
Try as I might, I just can't come up with a better name for this one.  It just gets called 'the big purple one' LOL Hopefully Charmaine won't mind.
Just to give you an idea of how big it really is. This is it keeping Ted warm on out queen size bed.
Lot's of love to wrap up a wee girl. Hopefully she will treasure it for many years.
And speaking of those two particular grand children, Tony and I were out looking at the shops on Saturday and I couldn't resist these two lovely ornaments.
I'll deliver them in a few days. DS Joe and his lovely Lee have their birthdays on the 9th and 10th of December, so like me, no trees go up in their home, until after their birthdays.
And there is a little me shopping too. I spied this lovely cross stitch kit on FB recently and treated myself.
I love hares and liked the look of this chap.
This weeks baking?
Is just out of the oven, I put it off for a day as Tony is not back at work until Wednesday, can't have his treat going stale. LOL
I'll post a piccy of that next time. Right now I'm of to make a start on my final, (for this year) Christmas ornament. Yes, I know I'm a day early, but it's calling to me.
I'm going to continue with the monthly Christmas item next year and have been looking about for something to work on. I think it will be ornaments again. I have a few ideas.
So far three people have said they would like to join me.  It will be nice to have company again. I did enjoy Janice sewing along with me this year. 

 

7 comments:

Karen S said...

A great finish on both quilts. They look lovely.
Gorgeous little decorations, too.

Lin said...

Two lovely quilt finishes. The big purple one really is big! xx

Gail said...

Lots of lovely things finished! I think that big purple one should be Charmaine's Violet-or not. LOL. I'm hoping for an ornament or two each month next year along with you and Janice.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful quilt finishes. Love the hare kit. The Christmas decorations are very cute.

Janice said...

Two great finishes and I love that there is the link to Joe’s quilt. I’m sure the Grandies will love their decorations. I love your latest cross stitch. A nice change from your ladies. Well all have fun next year with our Christmas projects.

jude's page said...

Great Christmas ornaments for your grandies, and the purple quilt looks fantastic.

dq said...

Yay Yay for lovely finishes!