Monday 2 November 2020

Another Weekend is Over.

But what a weekend.
I had three whole days off work and made the most of them.
As you read in my last two posts Friday was mostly a day out and some kitchen work. Saturday was a sewing fest, which continued into Sunday.
On Sunday morning it took very little time to get the border constructed and on to my Oh My Blue Stars.
I am loving this quilt and it has remained pinned to the front of the Kaffetastic hanging in my hallway.
I've just done a little online shopping and hopefully I'll soon have a lovely blue delivered for the binding.
As Sunday was the first of the month Gail Pan sent out the next instalment of I stitch. So out came the pink mermaid box. It did not take me long to select fabrics and construct this wee block.
One of this months stitchery designs was pumpkins, which I opted to swap out. I kept it Gail Pan though, selecting a flower basket from this book.
Then I curled up on my chair, with my trusty lamp and stitched the afternoon away.
By the time Tony got home I was almost done and it really didn't take too long after dinner to finish the block and stitch it onto the row.
I can't believe there is only one month left of this delightful project.
Of course I still have to sort out a border and put my three rows together. That shouldn't take long.
*
Tony was amazed at how much I have achieved in a weekend and pleaded with me to slow down!
But I really wasn't that speedy. I pointed out that the Oh My Stars quilt top was a quick project, using pre cut strips as a head start, then a simple design.
The other two pieces I have worked on over the weekend have taken all year! As they are both BOM.
He liked that idea and joked I could make as many of those as I liked.....
So I suggested he might like to sign me up for Gail again...
LOL
We'll see if he remembers.
And I think I already committed to another year of RSC. I just need to find the right block.
*
Since getting home from work today I have finally managed to get the Purple 20 quilt back onto the frame, but I didn't do anything about quilting the last third. I've busied myself with chores and food.
Once I'm done here I'll be back in my comfy chair with the penultimate Christmas ornament!
Another project that is coming to an end. I wonder which ornament I'll make next year? Will I do them one a month or revert to my usual scramble in October and November? LOL Working on them one a month has been good, I didn't feel like I had to rush, even though I had to catch up after several weeks without my lamp. Having Janice sew along with me has been fun too. Each month she has done something different. Octobers was a cute wee stocking for her tree, other months were larger, or parts of much larger projects. It's been lovely to see what she has come up with and I know she has completed some UFOs, which is always a bonus.
*
Who is keen for a Christmas stitch along next year?
No rules, except you have to do something Christmassy each month.
As a BOM? An ornie a month like I have done. Clean up some UFOs or make a gift?
Show them off each month if you can or like I have done this year, keep it all secret and do a big reveal after the big day. 
*
Time for me to have a quick look around blogland and see what everyone else did over the weekend. Then I get to sit n stitch.

 

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Busy, busy as usual. Your pretty stitchery project is looking great!

kiwikid said...

Oh my stars looks wonderful, as do your stitcheries. Kind of sad things you enjoy are coming to an end but there will new things to do next year.

Rose Nutira, ChCh NZ said...

I read your blog regularly, loving the cross stitch updates as well as your sewing endeavours. I don't have a blog, do we need to have one to join in with a Christmas sew along as I would like to be part of it if possible … no worries if not, though :) thanks - Rose

Chookyblue...... said...

You are getting lots done at present...... The quilt looks great and how big is the stitchery piece going to be once all joined up......
I can see why Tony is concerned lol.....

Fiona said...

Heaps got done... amazing what some extra time can do...
Hugz

dq said...

I would love to participate in the Christmas BOM. I have one Christmas quilt that needs some attention and another I have wanted to start.

I love seeing the progress on your Gail quilt. It is so lovely!

Janice said...

I can’t believe we are getting so close to the end of the year and your projects are also nearing completion. “I stitch” continues to delight. I dare say you will take it for granted that I will join you on a Christmas journey. I wonder what I will work on? I’m still not decided as to whether or not I will join in on RSC next year, as there are so many other things I would like to do. Decisions, decisions.