Wednesday 11 November 2020

I have a finish!

But you can't see it. Yet. LOL
On Sunday, after I had done my chores, I got to sit and relax for a while. I was able to complete Novembers Christmas ornament. Well I didn't dare go and do anything else as I was pinned to the seat as soon as I decided I was cool and pulled a blanket over my lap!
She does like my crochet blankets, especially if someone is under one of them.
One of the chores I had over the weekend was to bake a slice for Tony's lunch boxes.
This week was another recipe from the Best Baking Collection and another new recipe for us.
Chocolate and pecan slice.
It has quite a soft base made with ground almonds and flour, then a gooey chocolate, maple syrup and pecan topping. That middle caramel layer appeared by magic once the slice had cooled.
I think I'll be making this one again.
My afternoons so far this week have been taken up with getting the quilting completed on the purple Turning Twenty. I really need to find a better name for this quilt.
I've had some issues with this one. And unquilted quite a bit of it one weekend.
I'm pleased to say, the quilting is now done, just some loopy loops. A little more linear than I would have liked, but I can live with it. 
It's currently sitting in a heap on the sofa, I need to spread it out on the floor again and do a final trim before putting the binding on and there are one or two places where I lost the game of chicken I was playing with the bobbins and ran out of thread half way over. LOL
*
I won't get chance to do anything much over this weekend as we are flying up to Auckland on Friday to visit with some friends, so tomorrow after work will be busy with getting laundry and house chores done. I may have time to do a little shopping while in Auckland, I'd love to revisit a couple of stores we visited last time we were up there. And I'm very much looking forward to meeting Raewyn the Stitching Farmgirl.  I'm quite excited about that. I hope one of us remembers to get a photo. 



 

11 comments:

Maria said...

Puss does look very comfy on your lap.
Oh it's so annoying to have to unpick quilting..
Enjoy your trip to Auckland and lovely to meet Raewyn..

Gail said...

What is it about pets and quilts or blankets? My Sheltie has so much fur she is never cold but let one block fall on the floor and she is laying on it! It's good that you've finished (or nearly) with another quilt. All you baking may inspire me! Enjoy Auckland!

Lin said...

Hope you have a good weekend - lovely to be meeting up with Raewyn. your chocolate slice looks good - a sort of sophisticated Millionaires shortbread! xx

Raewyn said...

Looking forward to meeting you too Lou!! The slice looks delicious and well done on getting the quilting done on your Turning Twenty quilt.

jude's page said...

Have a great trip and good that you can catch up with Raewyn

dq said...

Congrats on a finish even if you cannot show it yet. The one you unquilted and re-quilted is nearly done though. You are on a roll.

I love pecan pie, and this dessert looks almost better! Yum!!

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish, have a great time in Auckland, enjoy your time with Raewyn.

Janice said...

How exciting that you will get to meet a Raewyn. Enjoy your weekend away. I’m looking forward to seeing your finished purple quilt. That slice looks rather yummy. Lucky Tony to have it in his lunch box.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That poppy hanging is lovely, btw. And my but that dessert looks so good...at home we call these squares and I think you call them slice. By any name, delicious. Hope you are getting some shopping in and how nice to see Raewoyn.

Chookyblue...... said...

Omg you and Raewyn together..... How exciting.. You must send me a pic..... You'll get on great I'm sure.....

Ondrea said...

Hope you had a great time. The quilting looks great.