Sunday 1 November 2020

A very busy day....

As promised, I'm making the most of my days off. Tony has to work over the weekend, on day shifts, so plenty of time to do what ever I want and no need to be quiet.
No chores were done yesterday, which means I will have to do some today.
So yesterday was all about sewing. Although Santa was calling to me, I ignored him and went to play in my room. My Rainbow Scrap Butterflies came out to play. I had a dig in the scrap and FQ drawers and came up with plenty of greens for the sashing strips and final border.
Then I had to ask my pal Janice for some advice.
We both liked the harlequin fabric, on the right here, for a narrow inner border, but sadly there just wasn't enough, unless I did a little join, but a join in that would have been very obvious
So I opted instead for the yellow with blue flowers.
Janice also helped with advice on the cornerstone fabric.
And just after lunch time I had a (Almost)
Tada!!!
I still need to add antennae to the butterflies, but that shouldn't take long.
Next, I had planned to pin the purple Turning Twenty back onto the frame, but found myself playing with a 5 inch jelly roll instead.
In the last Zoom meeting Maria pointed me toward Pat Sloans free patterns, she was sure I would fine something there to suit a 5 inch jelly.
Well, she wasn't wrong. 
Oh My Stars caught my eye. 
By the time Tony got home, just before 6.30 pm I had all the cutting done and all of the rows joined.
Belle was helping. Can you tell?
I plan to get this to a finished top stage today. After I do my chores....
On Friday, while I was writing about our morning out and my op shop find, I hinted that things were happening in the kitchen again.
Here you have them. A chicken Tikka curry all portioned into lunch boxes.
And another yummy chocolate brownie.
With walnuts.
That should keep us going for a day or two!
And finally....
Do you remember Polly the pitcher plant, (Scroll down a little) whom I bought last year?
She lived in the green house all summer eating bugs, then over wintered in the porch on the side of the house.
And now she is flowering.
What an unusual but beautiful flower.
She has given up on last years pitchers, but is making plenty of new ones.
I might pop her back into the green house as she enjoyed it so much last year.
*
Time for chores.
I've already pegged the laundry out and been for groceries, so just a quick tidy up and whizz over with the vacuum then it's play time.

 

8 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Super busy heaps done.......
That's a very unusual flower.....

kiwikid said...

The pitcher plant looks amazing beautiful flower. Your cooking looks great too. Oh my Stars is lovely as are the butterflies, great you had Janice for help.

dq said...

Just look at those wonderful butterflies! The quilt looks so so nice.

There you go again, baking right in front of me. My mouth waters every time I visit.

Ondrea said...

Your butterfly quilt looks lovely and that inner border is perfect. Loving your stars quilt particulary using those fabrics. Hope Belle approves lol.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wow you have been busy, lovely projects and beautiful flower.

Lin said...

Your butterflies look great! - I love the border. Quick work with that jelly roll and waht an amazing flower. That brownie looks delicious! xx

Maria said...

Lovely to have Janice help you decide on borders for the butterflies.. Looks great..
Your "OH MY STARS" looks fantastic.. I think it's a pattern I may do again.
So good to be organised with your lunches...

Janice said...

You're too organised for words. Your new job must be suiting you, as you sound rather chirpy. Polly must have the perfect position to be doing so well and acting as an organic pest controller to boot. Have fun playing.