Monday 20 September 2021

Spaghetti and other delights...

Once again, it's been a few days.
But in that time I have managed to achieve quite a lot. Not all of it crafty, but still worth mentioning.
Yesterday, we had grand children visit. I made spaghetti Bolognese for lunch.  
I think it is safe to say that Torstein liked it very much.
He especially liked Grandads reaction when he was slurping up his snakes.
And performed the trick more than once. LOL. 
It was lovely to see them and spend time together, but of course that means I don't get any sewing done. That's ok though I did manage to pick up my crochet for a while, before they arrived. 
This is another project, using up some bits and pieces I have lurking in grans cupboard or left from other projects.
No particular colourway or pattern, just a big old granny, going round and round. 
That of course has had a mention here and there, but I think this is the first time I've remembered to take a photo or two.
Tony and I have had a couple of days in the garden, and started the big spring clean up, it has to be big, because we didn't finish the autumn/winter clean up. LOL
And of course, I have finally started my studies!
I submitted two papers for assessment on Saturday. 
I am only working Wednesday and Thursday this week, and promised myself that I would spend Monday and Tuesday sewing.
I thought I might have time to make 4-5 Seaswept blocks before lunch today.  I was very pleased to discover that I did in fact make seven blocks, before I stopped for an early lunch (11.45) because my tummy was becoming very insistent. Then because it was still early I wandered back into my room and sewed until 1 o'clock.
And as you can see I made a total of nine snail trail blocks.
Which has doubled my pile!
I feel like I have made great progress. Hopefully I can have just as good a morning tomorrow. 
Right now, I'm off to find a movie, or maybe my pal David Attenborough will keep me company while I make more progress on my Christmas ornament. I feel like it has fallen behind again this month.
It's now 1.35pm. 
Time to go sew......

 

8 comments:

Maria said...

Love those photos of your GS slurping his spaghetti bog….always special to have family visit and I see you did get lots of sewing and crochet done too.
Hope you enjoyed your viewing while making the Christmas ornie.

Janice said...

I love the photos of Torsten. He is concentrating so hard on that spaghetti. Well done on your blocks and making a start on getting back to studying.

Chookyblue...... said...

You did great with the blocks that look good....... Goodluck with the study.....
Such a cutie..... Messy but cute

Jeanette said...

Cute little grandie. Your snail trail blocks look great. Hugs, xx

Jenny said...

Such fun, a little one slurping up spaghetti!

ButterZ said...


Love the fun of that spaghetti..
send me you address and I’ll send you the pattern and a sample for this great crochet blanket pattern.

https://jobutterfield.blogspot.com/2015/04/happy-mail.html

You can understand it better when you have a sample.
Of course, this is only if you want to try it.

kiwikid said...

Best way to eat spaghetti!! Your snail trail blocks are stunning Lou. Love a good big Granny blanket.

Karen S said...

I would happily give up sewing time to see the grandies. Make the most of it.