Thursday 30 September 2021

Midweek Progress.

It's been a busy week here at our place.
The landscape gardeners have been very busy outside. They started last Wednesday and have made very speedy work of the task we set them. Pictures of that another time.
For now, you'll have to make do with pictures of my progress.
I've made a few more hexie flowers, ready to add to Edyta's garden.
It's nice to sit with those in the evenings, though they will get put away again tomorrow, until such time as I complete my October ornament.
Speaking of finishing, I have literally just finished sewing the last of 42 foundation blocks for Seaswept.
I have to say, I'm more than a little bit in love with these blocks, such pretty, pretty blue and green  fabrics.
Next up, 56 corner stones.
But not today, this afternoon I hope to get one more flower added to Edyta's garden. 
Another job I want to make time for is cutting some more pretty blues for my Lucy Blue. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.
I went to the sewing centre yesterday, to get some thread and some fabrics fell off the shelves and into my hands.
Look at what I found.
The pansy and the fossil fern on the top right are end of bolt pieces and are quite big. I'm not sure if the pansy will go in to Lucy, I'll see how it plays. the three on the top left were bought with Lucy in mind and the two pieces on the bottom of the image, will definitely not be going into Lucy. The blue spaceship to the moon looking piece is for another project, which is still very much in the planning phase and the flowery one on the right is a black background. I bought it because I like it.
That's ok isn't it? We're allowed to do that?
*
My studies are going well. I have three assignments completed and I'm waiting for my tutor to mark the third one. She suggested I take a day or two off before starting the next one, it's pretty big, but is a subject I'm very familiar with, so I'm hoping it will be a breeze.
*
It's gone all quiet in the garden, they guys must be on their lunch break, so I'll take them a coffee.
Then get my lunch before I sit down with my flowers.

10 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you are powering along with sea swept......nice fabrics......you can buy fabric for whatever reason you want or no reason at all.......

Maria said...

Oh I’m really looking forward to seeing Seaswept came together too! The colours are gorgeous…
Some pretty garden blocks there and lovely fabrics followed you home…..

Jenny said...

I'm glad you are doing so well with your studies, and enjoying it.
Sea Swept blocks look lovely, you are doing well with them. I find paper piecing rather slow, but I guess by now you have a good system and rhythm going to help you along.

Janice said...

I can’t believe how quickly you have completed the snail trail blocks. Yes, they are pretty, pretty blues. I’m looking forward to seeing what had been taking place in your garden.

Julie said...

Hi Lou ... that certainly IS gorgeous colours in those blue Sea Swept blocks. Love all your hexies too ... don't you just hate it when fabric falls down off the shelf in the patchwork shop ?? I seem to have that problem too 😉

Fiona said...

You have been getting through your Sea swept blocks... lovely colours
Hugz

ButterZ said...

You have done well with Sea Swept. I love the colours. Now more time for Lucy

kiwikid said...

Good to hear your studies are going well. Love your Snail blocks, the fabrics are beautiful. The hexies are looking good to, you have made great progress. Fabric has a habit of jumping into your shopping bag I have found, the non jumping ones that you like are perfectly fine to pick up!

Ondrea said...

I have a feeling you love blue ??? Funny how fabrics always seem to jump off shelves into our hands. The Sea Swept blocks are so lovely and the fabrics are gorgeous. Loving your hexies. Heaps of stitching happening there. Well done.

Karen S said...

Those Seaswept blocks are looking gorgeous.