Saturday 4 September 2021

Zooooom!

After a series of very poor nights with broken sleep and at times a lot of pain, I was ready for a zoom session with Chooky and the girls.

But first I had to do some prep work. So on Thursday I set myself up at the dining room table, spread my stuff out all over the place and started to cut and glue honeycomb pieces. First up I sorted two blocks I had already cut, I played about with placement, then numbered the papers, so I wouldn't forget what I had planned. Then I got on and prepared six more blocks worth.

So this morning I was all set to go. I got up early and got the slow cooker on, before joining in. 

Even though it was only a short session and I took time out to have lunch with Tony, I still managed to get three blocks completed.

It was lovely to see everyone again and see their progress on various projects. 
Thank you Chooky for getting us organised again. And thank you everyone for your company and encouragement. I went off to work a very happy lady.
Now I'm off to try and get a good nights sleep.
I really want to start my new project and want to be bright and feeling good, not tired and in pain while I work on it. 

12 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These blocks are so pretty. I really like the colors. I hope you get better sleep now and find relief from the pain.

Gail said...

I absolutely LOVE these blue Lucy blocks! It was good to see you at the Chookshed yesterday. Stay Healthy! Blessed Be.

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely to have your company..... The blocks look great and you did well getting 3 done......
I used to take photos of my Lucy blocks when I played with the layout. Then pop it in the bay for sewing I always had the pic to come back to

Janet O. said...

It was fun to see you again and look at all you accomplished!

Jeanette said...

Love you blue Lucy. So pretty. Hugs, xx

kiwikid said...

Your blocks are beautiful Lou, I hope you got a much better nights sleep. It was great to see you yesterday.

Ondrea said...

I am sorry to hear that you have been unwell. My goodness, your nights sound like mine! Glad you could join in some fun and you certainly achieved a lot. I looooove the blues you are doing Lucy in. Hope you are feeling heaps better now.

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry to read you have been suffering pain lately, do hope it is being medically treated? You did really well with your pretty Lucy blocks, there must be a tot of work in constructing them, I imagine.

Maria said...

So good to see you and I like those lovely blue Lucy’s.
Hope you got a good sleep and feel better.

ButterZ said...

It was good to see you did so well with your Lucy’s. I love the fabrics/colours you are using

Karen S said...

These blocks are lovely. I enjoy seeing all the different combinations each time you show them.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

those are really unique blocks! I like them!!!