Sunday 26 September 2021

We Zoomed.

Yesterday I received an invitation from Chooky. Another Zoom session had been planned. 
I had spent a lot of Friday sitting and preparing blocks to sew and was all ready for some quality time with other like minded ladies.
I stayed until mid afternoon as I had commitments later in the day. But that was plenty of time to complete four Lucy Boston blocks.
And here they all are.
Yes, the centre of this one was fussy cut.
A very pretty lady. 
the outer round of this one was fussy cut from the same fabric.
I have no idea what the fabric is, it is a fat quarter I picked up somewhere along the way and sadly it has the wrong selvedge , so no details.
There are still more opportunities for fussy cutting left, so you will be seeing it again I'm sure.
And another fussy cut centre. Yes, you have seen this fabric before, used in the same way.
I had actually planned to turn the pieces around, so that the flowers were in the middle this time, but forgot about that, and went with the lay out you see. 
LOL
It is still a lovely block.
I have a lot of that floral fabric left and I do want to experiment with it some more.
And here we have all twelve blocks that I have sewn so far.
I really do need to make a decision on how I want to finish these.
At one time I was thinking I might make a Lucys Terrace quilt, now I'm leaning back toward a traditional Patchwork of the crosses. 
It was lovely to see some new faces amid the regular crowd in Zoom, some names I know from blog reading and some new blogs to explore too. 
Everyone was busy sewing away. 
Thank you once again Chooky for organising us. 
*
In other news, I have made good progress with my snail trail blocks for Seaswept and have only 5 left to sew. Then there is the matter of nearly 100 sashing blocks and all of the corner stones.
That won't be happening today.
Today I plan to make more progress on Edyta's garden.
I spread it out on the floor on Friday evening, to get a photo for you.
And the nosey bloody cat quilt inspector (who was fast asleep on the back of Tony's chair) woke up and came along for a look.
Yes, it's good enough for sitting on.
Next, the stretch and roll test.
I think she likes it.
After it had been subject to her stringent testing, I was eventually able to get a photo.
I hope to get another flower into place today, along with a bunch of neutrals.
But I have an extra shift at work, so I had better get a move on.
*
Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

loving those lucy blocks!

Jeanette said...

Your Lucy blocks are beautiful. Well done with your snail trail blocks. Ah yes no quilt can be prepared or passed without a cat inspection. lol. Edyta's star is beautiful. Hugs, xx

ButterZ said...

You are doing an amazing job with your Lucy’s and other projects. Well done to you. And it was a great catch up too.. Have a great day

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I'm sorry I missed you on the zoom. I ended up joining after lunch and was surprised to see it still going strong. Your Lucy quilt is coming along so beautifully. Those blues are so striking.

Ondrea said...

It was lovely to "see" you yesterday and your beautiful Lucy blocks in real life. They really are stunning blues. Love your hexie quilt progress despite the added bits of fur lol. Cats can never resist such things.

Maria said...

Those Lucy blocks are looking fabulous..
Well done with snail trails too .
Pleased the Edyta’s was passed by the inspector, 👍

Karen S said...

Great blue blocks. Love the way they are looking.

Janet O. said...

Beautiful Lucy blocks, and I like the flowers pointed outward. I think it is a lovely effect.
I missed you on Zoom. I was gone most of my day and didn't get on until the last couple of hours. There were still a few diehards.
Your quilt inspector isn't shy about letting you know who is in charge! :)

Janice said...

It was so good to join in the Zoom sewing session. I love your latest blocks. The lady’s head worked really well. The quilt inspector is doing a good job and how good to see one corner of the quilt completed.