Tuesday 7 September 2021

Sew, The New Project....

While I was messaging with Janice the other day, telling her about all of my cutting out for my new project, she asked me, what this new project might be??
And it struck me, I've been showing my progress here too, images of of pretty batiks and lots of wee bags filled with various sizes of triangles, but I haven't actually told you what I'm up too!
LOL
Well here is the model picture.
Seaswept, is a play on the Storm at Sea pattern. With Snail Trail blocks added as the main block, giving a lot more movement to the finished quilt.
Reading back over that old post, I didn't get started quite as soon as I thought, leaving the fabrics to mature for just over a year. LOL It would seem I got side tracked by many other things.
Finally, it gets it's turn. Here are my first two blocks, made yesterday. I had fun with the second one. The first was all about relearning how to foundation piece.
I think I'm going to enjoy this project.
My crafting time will take a hit for a while though, as I have finally started my work studies. I spent yesterday morning studiously making notes for the first module. Now I'm all ready for a practical assessment.
Speaking of work, although most of New Zealand will be lowering the alert level to level two from midnight tonight, we will continue to wear masks in public places and also at work. I have quite a collection now. 
As I have mentioned in a previous blog post we are now allowed to wear fabric masks rather than the paper surgical masks, we have to change every 3-4 hours and wash them before we wear them again. So a good supply is needed
As I said, I have quite a few.  The residents enjoy seeing them and have their favourites.
The return to level two tomorrow, sees Tony going back to the office/workshop. 
Hooray!
I might finally be able to keep up with what day it is without having to continually check the laptop/phone/kitchen diary.
I shall miss having him around though.
One week into the new month already and I didn't even make a start on my Christmas Ornament, but I did pull all the supplies out of the drawer last night and got myself all ready to start today.
The question now is, will I sew some more Seaswept blocks first or should I get stuck into my ornament. 
I hope everyone is having good days and that you're all still safe and healthy. 

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

What a lovely quilt. So vibrant. Look forward to following your progress. Hugs, xx

Janet O. said...

Seaswept is gorgeous!
Wow--you really would need a lot of masks for that kind of routine. I really like the Oriental looking one.

kiwikid said...

I love Seaswept, it is a stunning quilt. Good to hear you are going to level 2.

Chookyblue...... said...

Make another sea swept block......I do remember you planning this one...... Yeh restrictions reduced.....

ButterZ said...

Work on what makes you happy. What is calling you?

Janice said...

The quilt is stunning. That is one heck of a lot of blocks to stitch. It will be worth it. The fabric masks are fun. I’m glad they are giving the residents something to enjoy seeing. Good luck with your studies.

jude's page said...

Seaswept is gorgeous, looking forward to your progress