Wednesday 27 October 2021

This 'n' That.

My studies are keeping me busy, but I'm making sure I get some crafting time in too.
I have finished my October ornament, which means I am able to get on with other hand work. So over the weekend, as it was such beautiful weather I took myself outside to sit and sew.
I popped a blanket over my old rocking chair and settled in with my hexie project.
The neighbours inspector came over for a visit.
He stayed for quite some time, sitting on the deck railing, watching me, and the occasional bee that flew by. He's good company.
I've been spending a little time each morning in my sewing room, having fun with beautiful fabrics and slowly making up the sash blocks for Sea Swept.
The piles are getting bigger.
Only five more blocks to make!
Then the exciting part of putting all the pieces together can start.
Because the blocks were made on paper foundations, there has been a lot of off cuts, but they were mostly small and to me un usable, this final block however has given me some quite large scraps.
And lots of them too.
I've had a few thoughts about how I could use them.
Any suggestions on how to use long skinny triangles?
*
Spring has definitely sprung here so it was time for a changing of the guard in our hallway.
I wanted something bright and light.
So out came the Carpenters Star.
Hanging there like that, I really don't mind that you can see the mistake. It works.
*
I have an extra shift, so six out of seven days this week will be work days. But that's ok, as you know I don't start until 3pm. That leaves my mornings free for sewing and study.
Two down, four to go. 
Then I have a week and a half off. Yay!
I was supposed to be going to Bathurst, to visit with Janice and of course to see the big race.
Well thanks to the Delta variant that won't be happening, so instead we plan to have a few days out and spend some time at home working on the house, our garden and of course our crafts.
I plan to get some quilting done and hope to get Sea Swept completed.
And of course those days out will include visits to purveyors of fine fabrics!
Prior to writing this blog post I was studying for nearly four hours, so now I'm off to play.
This is my one day off this week, I want to make the most of it. 
Rocking chair watch out, here I come with my box of hexies. 

 

8 comments:

Lin said...

It took me a while to spot the 'mistake' but I would call it a design feature as it really does work! So looking forward to seeing Seaswept coming together. I have seen long skinny triangles used as trees - is that a possibility? xx

Jenny said...

No, I couldn't spot the mistake, so it cant be too bad. A shame about missing your trip to Bathust, but overseas travel is just not happening. What with worrying about lockdowns in either country and securing a spot in MIQ it all seems too hard just now. Much better to stay home safe and sound and perhaps try again next year.

Janet O. said...

Whenever I see Sea Swept I just drool over those gorgeous fabrics!
Took me way too long to spot the mistake. If you don't tell, no one will notice.

ButterZ said...

Make the most of it then.

Maria said...

You are keeping busy . Have sent you a photo of an idea for your long triangles….
I can’t find the mistake on your lovely quilt you’ve hung…

Janice said...

Working on your projects each day will have them done in no time. It’s such a pity you can’t visit us (and a certain purveyor of fine fabrics) at present. We will get together eventually.

kiwikid said...

Very nice visitor there, your Storm blocks are coming along well. Only thing I could think of for using the scraps might be crumb blocks. Shame about Bathurst but maybe next year will be a possibility. I think your Carpenters Star looks great.

Raewyn said...

Yes, such a shame you couldn't get over to visit Janice - here's hoping for next year.....