Tuesday 19 October 2021

Making Plans.

I gave myself the weekend off from my studies. And spent quite a lot of time in my wee room, where I made great progress. All of the corner stone blocks are now complete and have been tucked away in the project box with the snail trail blocks.
Don't they look good?
I also got one or two other smaller tasks over the line.
The next set of blocks is 97 sash blocks.
This might take a while. I was thinking about how I could speed the process along, without having to do marathon sessions of one single block which might make the task tedious and decided that I could spend some time each morning making up a few blocks before I start my studies.
Today was day one and I made twelve blocks. I didn't intend to make quite that many, but I was enjoying myself, so kept on going.
I also took some time to sort my coloured fabrics in to groups of four, so it will take less time fiddling about trying to get a good mix.
And I still had time to complete a study module and get three quarters of the written assignment completed, before I had to go into work for CPR training. (Not much of a day off?)
I figure if I put in an hour of sewing each morning I should race through them all pretty quickly.
Then the fun of building the quilt begins.
*
I've been sitting in hard chairs nearly all day, so I'm off to sit in my arm chair with my feet up and get on with my ornament.
Hmmmm about the feet up part....
My very expensive pure sheepskin pouffe has been claimed.
She climbed onto it last night, stomped and kneaded it to her liking, turned around three times, then settled in for a snooze.
*

6 comments:

Janice said...

Your blocks look very organised, all laid out. Of course madam chose the best seat in the house and made herself at home.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Loulee, I am just caught up on your posts. I just love the end result of the work you guys did landscaping the front and getting a lovely seating area in the bargain.
You are so very busy and I enjoy reading how much you accomplish between your studies and your stitching. Sew Swept is going to be so beautiful...just love the blues. I also enjoy seeing your crochet. I've just gotten Attic 24's bundle for the festive afghan...will start in November. It is the best of things to do while watching t.v. Carry on and be sure to find time for rest too.

Janet O. said...

Yes, you look organized, and your work looks very precise. I am impressed. This is going to be one gorgeous quilt. In my opinion you couldn't have chosen better colors.
I hope the cat gave you a turn with the pouffe!

Jenny said...

"Your" sheepskin pouffe? Not any more, it seems.

kiwikid said...

Your blocks look wonderful e rful, I am sure you will be through them in no time. You seem to be very busy with work, even on your day off. I am sure your cat is very happy with her new nest!!

dq said...

Just thought I would pop on over and see what you have been up to. Lovely quilt blocks and colors!