Saturday 30 October 2021

Progress Report....

I have a very exciting progress report today. Having completed my October Christmas ornament, I've been able to get on with my Flower Garden of hexies. Because the flowers were pretty much all sewn, I've been busy adding them, so have had some seemingly very fast growth.
I'm still undecided about how I feel about this one. As I have previously said, I have paid very little attention to fabric choices and at times regret that.
Never mind, I'll plod on with it and see how I feel when it is finished.
*
Other very exciting news is that I have finished making blocks for Sea Swept on Thursday and began to make rows. By the time Tony came home for lunch I had all of the snail trail rows completed.
I had even made a start on making up the smaller corner stone rows.
On Friday I finished those and began to put them all together.
Here you see where I left things on Friday.
Just about half way to being a completed top.
The foundation papers are still in there and are beginning to give me problems.
I have moved the sewing machine as far to the right of my desk as I can as the stiff ness and weight of the papers make sewing the rows together rather a challenge. I thought the additional space on the table top might help. It doesn't. I may try taking some of the papers out to see if that makes things more manageable.
*
Two more days to go, then my leave starts.
I'm off to play, until it's time to work.
It's the weekend, Tony is home, he is in charge of food today.

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Sea swept is looking stunning.....
Hugz

Jeanette said...

Your hexagon quilt is pretty. Wowsers Sea swept is just stunning. Hugs, xx

Janet O. said...

I applaud you on your hexie progress. Not my favorite thing to do, but I love the look of them.
Sea Swept is stunning!

ButterZ said...

Wow. Love Sea Swept. You are going to have so much fun on your time off

kiwikid said...

I like your hexies, you are making great progress. Your Sea Swept looks stunning!!

Lin said...

Your scrappy hexies are looking great and I am sure you are learning a lot about fabric placement. Stunning seaswept! xx

Maria said...

Making good progress with your hexie project and Sea Swept is looking stunning. Definitely a challenge sewing it together with the papers…

Ondrea said...

Great progress on both quilts. Your hexie quilt is coming together nicely and I really love the pattern and colours of the Sea Swept quilt.

Alison said...

Sea swept is gorgeous, so fresh looking. It's all your fault….today I made Licorice Allsorts slice. You sent me the recipe ages ago and we finally went to RJ's factory shop on our way to Wellington. Now I have to patiently wait for the chocolate to set!

Thank you for your cheery posts.

Karen S said...

Both these quilts are coming together beautifully.

Janice said...

Great progress on both. I’m sure you will love your scrappy hexies again once it is finished.