Saturday 16 October 2021

Working hard at my studies.

 I've been working hard at my studies and have reached a third of the way through the first section. I'm enjoying it and that makes it easy to keep up the momentum. 
I've also had a few extra shifts at work which is good.
But life is not all about work!
Tony is away again, over the weekend this time.
Still installing communications equipment in to fire engines.
He phoned me today, from Cushla's fabric store in Mapua.
Then handed the phone to the lady in the shop. We had a good long chat about fabrics, then she asked me how much I wanted to spend?
LOL
I'll have to wait until he gets home to see what she chose for me.
Meanwhile, I did a little shopping of my own the other day. I popped in to the sewing centre to get a doll needle. (More about that another time).
I always have a look at the fat quarters and spied this pretty.
I thought I might be able to fussy cut it for my Lucy quilt.
But now I'm not so sure...
I don't want to chop the heads off the birdies.
Maybe I could use some leaves?
Or the trellis?
It seems a shame to spoil such a nice fabric.
I'll have to have a play.
A couple of days before he went away, I made Tony a gooey chocolate brownie.
He only had a couple of slices, so I'm trying to finish it all by myself.
It's very, very rich and to be honest, quite hard work.
And there were more masks!
I really am over masks.
These were a special request for a friend of a colleague.
I have now run out of this fabric. Oh, there will be scraps, but I have used the end of bolt piece I had.
I might have to look for some more. It's very pretty.
Today I gave myself a day off my studies, well the whole weekend actually. I spent all morning in my sewing room pottering. I had a little tidy up, did the ironing, so I would have tidy scrubs for work, then I made some sea swept corner stones.
Not as many as I would have liked, because I had quite a long conversation with the lovely lady at Cushla's. LOL
I think I have about half of them made now. I plan to spend tomorrow morning in there making more.
Progress is slow but steady.
Speaking of slow and steady progress.
My ornament is coming along, slowly.  I hope to get more done before work tomorrow. 
Right now, it is after my bed time, so I'm off for some sleep.
Have a great weekend everyone.

11 comments:

Maria said...

Oh I wonder what you'll get from Cushla's ?????
That brownie does look yummy!
Nice masks and good to have some more blocks sewn.
Have a great weekend.

Janet O. said...

Love the story about your husband's call from the fabric store. It will be interesting to see the results.
The gooey brownies look like something that could raise your cholesterol!!
I like the fabric you used in the masks.
And Sea Swept is going to be a beauty. I love those cool blues and greens together.

Jeanette said...

Like Maria i wonder what you'll get from Cushla's. The brownie sure does look delicious. Lovely masks & the blocks looks pretty. Hugs, xx

ButterZ said...

How exciting getting that special call. I wonder what the purchase would be. Any progress is good. Enjoy that yummy brownie.

Ondrea said...

Oh what a lovely thoughtful hubby you have! Looking forward to seeing his selection of fabrics. Oooooo the brownies look sooooo yummy . You are making me drool! Love your little blocks . The masks look great. I don't know how you squeeze so much into your week. Well done!

Ali Honey said...

Cushla is a lovely lady. I'm sure you'll be pleased with what "They "choose for you. Show us when you get it please.

Lin said...

Such a lot going on in your life! That fabric is definitely too pretty to cut in to. I love your cornerstones - the blue and white so crisp. xx

kiwikid said...

Cushla's used to have a shop in Waihi I think, used to love stopping and looking at their fabric. Looking forward to seeing what Tiny brings home for you. Your little Storm blocks are lovely.

Janice said...

You have been busy. It must be such a chore to consume the brownie. I’m glad you are enjoying your studies and getting through the subjects. Chatting to Cushlas sound a higher priority to stitching blocks. You will still get them done.

jude's page said...

Brownie slices sound yummy, good news re your phone call and looking forward to you putting your quilt blocks together

dq said...

OH my goodness! What a sweetheart you have to go shopping for you. I cannot imagine how fun that was to have someone select some pieces for you.