Friday 22 October 2021

Well, what did he purchase?

So I mentioned last time that Tony was away working, but had taken time to go shopping on my behalf.
I know some of you are almost as keen as I was to see what he purchased for me.
The lovely lady at Cushla's and I talked a lot about blue.
This is the bundle that between them was chosen for me.
Would you like a closer look?
That blue on the left is going into Lucy. Tony selected that one.
The three batiks will go into my batik stash, for 'one day'. 
There are lots of Japanese fabrics in the bundle, they will not be going into Lucy.
They inspired something different.
Initially I was thinking lanterns.
Maybe something similar to Chookyblue's  beautiful project.
But as I hunted around on Pinterest.
I found something else.
I found examples of it in many colours and even a scrappy version on Pinterest.
Of course it was a blue version that really got my attention.
Thank you Tony for a lovely thoughtful gift.
And thank you to the lovely lady at Cushlas for selecting a great bundle of fabrics.
I would not have selected these fabrics for myself, so it was inspiring to receive them. 
*
Speaking of jigsaws, Tony also brought this one home for me.
If you were with me a good few years ago, you'll know I like to do a puzzle now and again.
It's probably been over 10 years. LOL
But that's ok, I'll give this one a go, when the notion strikes me.
*
I have shopping of my own to share too.
A facebook page that I follow recently had a tidy up and put some items on special.
This is the first time I have shopped with Crafty or Wot. But Christine was very helpful and my fabric was with me 30 hours later!
I didn't actually shop on the website. I used the messenger app in facebook, as these specials were only available through their facebook page.
The two fabrics on the left will go into Lucy.
The two on the right might become masks.
For me!
And the dots in the middle will go into my extensive stash of blue.
*
And there is more.
A store that I frequent online, The Ribbon Rose, sends out a regular news letter, and the latest edition mentioned a diary. As soon as I saw some of the images I had to have one. (And I added some papers for Lucy)
A couple of years ago my brother and his wife sent me something similar for Christmas. I loved it. I tried to find one to use this year, but ended up with something quite boring to be honest.
This one as you can see has cute characters. 
each week has a positive message for the diarist.
Spaces to record plans.
And a spot for the 'to don't' list.
Like don't follow that damn squirrel.
LOL Not that we crafters take much notice of that one.
There are spots for recording ideas.
And heartfelt thanks.
And a place to plan.
It's a lovely little diary and although there isn't a huge space per day, I'm delighted to have a copy and I'll make it work.
*
I have quilty news, but I'll save that for another blog post.
I also have three whole days off work.
No work for me over the weekend, I even left a note on the roster saying I am not available.
I bet you I get at least one phone call anyway!
*
I'm off to say good morning to my sewing machine.
Hope you all have a great weekend. 

10 comments:

Jeanette said...

The blue fabrics are gorgeous. Tony & the lady from Cushla made great choices. Have fun with the jigsaw. Lovely little diary. Hugs, xx

cityquilter grace said...

lovely new fabrics and cute diary too!

jude's page said...

Lovely lot of purchases there, and I think your hubby is definitely a keeper!!

ButterZ said...

Wow. Such a lot of beautiful fabrics. Can you show a picture of the jigsaw quilt. I made about 12 jigsaw quilts for my sone friends 21st birthdays. That was 9 years ago now.
Can’t wait to see you start cutting in to them.

Denice Barker said...

Wow! What treasures! Puzzles are what got my husband through last winter's shutdowns. He would put it all together except for the last hardest part and I'd be his finisher.

Lin said...

I LOVE that collection of blue fabrics, gorgeous. Well done Tony. In fact lots of lovely purchases! xx

Ali Honey said...

Thank you. My you are going to be busy!!!

kiwikid said...

Tony did very well, the shopping is beautiful, especially the Maori pattern one. Good shopping all round really, and the puzzle looks great, lots of pondering required! Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Ondrea said...

Woohoo! A gorgeoud selection of fabrics to drool over. Looking forward to seeing your new project. Cute diary.

Janice said...

Ton6 and the lady at Cushla’s definitely did well. You’ll have great fun with that little lot. Your diary is so cute.