Friday 22 April 2022

Finally!

After just over 7 weeks, I am finally allowed to return to work. I just had to record the moment before I headed out of the door on Thursday afternoon.
It was good to be back, with many hugs and we missed yous from colleagues and residents. 
I'm still not 100%,  My voice continues to come and go, and I was encouraged to take things slowly and grab extra breathers if I needed them. I'm happy to say I took only the rostered breaks.
So, moving on......
On Wednesday I found myself pottering in my sewing room. The first time is almost two months I had gone in there, except to cut fabrics for Lucy.
I'm not sure what prompted it, maybe the news that I could return to work.
Anyway, for some reason I found myself sorting through my drawer full of floral scraps.
And this is the result. I have half a plan in mind, which will probably change a few times before I settle and start cutting, or throw it all back into the drawer. So I won't say anymore at this time. LOL
*
My jigsaw puzzle is growing slowly as I pick away at it each day. Sometimes I stay with it for only 10 minutes, sometimes a couple of hours passes. I'll get a photo another day, as I like to record my progress. 
And finally ...
Nails.
I've dallied on and off with pretty nails over the years. 
A few weeks ago, on the spur of the moment I went and had gel polish applied.
Blue, of course.
 My nails are usually quite weak and tear very easily. Wearing gloves at work and constantly washing my hands doesn't help I'm sure. So it felt good having pretty nails. So good that I went back and got another colour done three weeks later.
Green this time.
I'm not sure how long I'll keep it going, but for now, I'm enjoying pretty nails.
I wonder what I'll do next time.
Do you have pretty nails? I think we should blog nails too if you do. 
 *
That's my news.
I suppose I should get a move on and go grocery shopping. 

18 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like your pretty nails - especially the sparkly green ones! My nails are plain because I play musical instruments with them, very very short on the left hand and longer on the right, so they are useful rather than pretty. You must be so pleased to be feeling somewhat better! That's a nice collection of floral scraps too.

PAM said...

So pleased you finally got back to work.
Can't wait to see what you have planned for those lovely floral fabrics.
And yes I get my nails done every 3 weeks too and have done for years (with breaks for lockdowns). My little people love to advise me on what colour to get next lol

kiwikid said...

Your nails look fantastic. Take is easy back at work and rest up at home.

jude's page said...

Glad to hear you are well enough for work now, but don't over do it. Look forward to seeing what you do with those florals. And no, I don't do the nails, don't even own a pot of nail polish to do it myself.

Christine B said...

Glad to hear you're back at work and I love the pretty nails! Christine xx

Lin said...

Great news that you are back at work and hope that all continues well. The florals are gorgeous!! Great nails. I have started painting mine again now that I am not constantly gardening and discovered that my favourite colour, which Boots had discontinued a couple of years ago, is back and I bought some the other day. Yours look great. xx

ButterZ said...

Well how was your day. I’m sure you are exhausted after it. I do hope you,emd soon and are back to your usual self.
I love your nails. I bite mine and these are the only way I can grow them but I am not good at regularly getting them done.

Diane-crewe said...

SO glad you are back at work .. and with full support x After 40 years as a nurse my nails were NOT good when I retired ..THEN I began to spend more time in the garden! lol x They are .. not bad for me at the moment!! Love the colour on yours x

Janet O. said...

Glad to hear you were able to get back to work, and that you are allowed to take it slowly.
I'm curious to see if anything comes of your time spent petting the floral fabrics.
I have kept my nails short and pretty much unpainted since I started playing violin over 50 years ago. I don't play often anymore, but I still keep my nails short, just in case. :) Before I started the instrument, I used to haunt the local 5 & 10 store regularly, picking up wild colors (back then it seemed most people used reds/pinks/oranges--I went for black, white, purple, gold, etc.) and painting my nails multiple times a week.

Fiona said...

Great you are so much better now - lovely pile of floral fabrics to play with.... looking forward to seeing what you do with them...

Hugz

Julie said...

So pleased you were able to return to work Lou. Yes do take it slowly & listen to your body. Your fabric scraps look rather delicious - love those colours. I look forward to seeing what you create with them.
I treat myself sometimes & have a pedicure ... mainly because I garden alot & my nails get a hard time but I love to look down & see my toenails painted up nicely. I don't do this over winter though when I am wearing shoes & socks. Your nails look great - I love both colours!

cityquilter grace said...

so good to see you vertical and in regular clothes...LOL...and sewing again is a sure sign of recovery...

Jindi's Cottage said...

So good to hear you have recovered and got through your work shift...

Maria said...

Pleased you’re well enough to go back to work…
Take it easy….
Look forward to seeing what you make with your florals?

Chookyblue...... said...

So pleased your back at work...... Life back to normal and healthy..... Take care getting back into routine..... And don't over do it..... Those florals are pretty.... Looking forward to seeing what you do with them..... Pretty nails.... I've only got mine done a few times.....

Ondrea said...

Snap! I currently have blue gel nails too. I usually get them done every fortnight. Love your green too. Well done with your quilting and finished projects.

Denice Barker said...

It must feel so good to be mostly normal again! And I bite my nails so polish is a lost cause...I'd just chew it off.

dq said...

Oh good that you are back to work, and I love your nails!! I don't manicure my nails well unless I have someone else do them. I just don't take the time.