Saturday 2 April 2022

A Jigsaw Finish and Lucy Progress.

As predicted the quilt block jigsaw did not take long.
It really did not take much time to sort the colours and put the rows together.
It was a fun puzzle to work on and I was thinking it might be good inspiration for a scrappy quilt, using up lots of coloured scraps.
I'm sure it would not take too much time or effort to find free patterns available for each of those blocks.
*
I promised an update on Lucy and here she is. 
I have added another row of crosses since the last picture taken in mid March
But that is not all that I have done. I've been working slowly making more of the corner stone blocks and adding white honeycombs to completed blue blocks.
I'm fairly sure that I'll be stopping at a 5x6 layout, but I'm not half way yet, I still have plenty of white pieces to add and of course I'll need to add the edging.
So Chooky, there is no need to worry, it will be a while before I'm done with Lucy.
And of course, like all good quilters, I have about 6 more EPP projects planned and 4 more have been shopped for and I've pinned about a billion ideas, so I don't think I will run out of something to sew. 
LOL
Speaking of sewing, that's what I'm off to do.

12 comments:

kiwikid said...

Well done on the jigsaw finish, it looks amazing. Lucy is still looking stunning.

Christine B said...

Love that puzzle and it didn't take long! Your Lucy Quilt is looking fabulous! Hugs Christine xx

Maria said...

Great jigsaw 🧩..
Lucy looks lovely and nice legs on your model …

Lin said...

Your jigsaw would make a stunning quilt. Lovely Lucy. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Love the jigsaw and Lucy is looking great...... Good to be decided on a size......

Fiona said...

The jigsaw is great... will make a wonderful scrappy style sampler quilt too. another one to add to your long list...
Hugz

Narelle said...

Lucy is growing nicely ... it's always good to have enough projects planned :)

Julie said...

Lucy is looking amazing Lou. But gosh that jigsaw is pretty amazing too!! And I think it would take me AGES to work the blocks out ... but what a fun thing to do!!

Jenny said...

Your Lucy project is coming along wonderfully

Janice said...

The jigsaw didn't take you long at all. it would definitely be great inspiration for a quilt. Lucy is really taking shape now. Love the legs. LOL

jude's page said...

Great job with the jigsaws, and glad you are starting to feel improvement. Well done with your progress on Lucy.

Karen S said...

Your work on your Lucy quilt is wonderful. It looks so good.