Saturday 9 April 2022

While I wait to Zoom with Scrub Stitchin'.

 Chooky has invited a bunch of folks who can't be at Scrub Stitchin' to join a zoom session. You know that means I'll be working on Lucy. 
Here is where she is up to at the moment.
I have to use my design floor for a photo today, as the model with the tanned legs has gone fishing with his dad!
While I'm zooming, I'll be adding one or two more blocks to the growing pile in Grandads stool.
Miss Belle won't be needing it today, she is sat in the window, sunning herself and bird watching.
A quick word about some recent baking.
This delicious apple shortcake was quite quick and easy to make.
I used the recipe in the good old Edmonds cook book.
Another recent bake was an Irish Soda bread.
A recipe I have used for many years. 
And, as Tony is fishing today....
Fishermen need a pie, so I made a sausage and egg pie.
No recipe, I just winged it!
Hmm, it was sliced up and went into a box and was packed away before I could get a picture of how it looks once sliced.
And Zoom started before I could finish my post. It was great fun. Lots and lots of show and tell.
It was still very early, 6am at the retreat but already lots of activity, with sewing and chatter going on, before breakfast. It was great to see everyone.
Thank you sew much Chooky and Janice for including those of us who could not be there in person.
I did manage to get a little Lucy sewing done, in between all of the show and tell. LOL
Hopefully one year I'll be able to get there and join in for real. 
*
And, because I had already uploaded the photos, a quick look at my latest jigsaw puzzle.
This is the pirate ship puzzle that Tony purchased for me. (If you click on the linky you'll need to scroll down a little to see a picture of the box.)
I think this one may take a while.
And finally, my health.
As those of you who were on the zoom session heard, my voice is coming and going, but I do sound better than I did.
I have an inhaler now which is helping me to breathe. Physically and mentally I am in a much better place than I was 2-3 weeks ago.
Some of you suggested a second opinion, I went one further and changed Doctors completely. 
The new Doctor says I almost certainly had a respiratory virus of some sort, which I had fought off. The tight windpipe and vocal chords are left overs from that illness. I was prescribed an inhaler, which I puff on routinely twice a day and in between if I become breathless. In less than a week, the inhaler has made a huge difference. I can have a conversation and move about normally, without becoming breathless. I didn't need any extra puffs yesterday. 
I'm hoping to be able to return to work on Monday. After a six week absence I'm sure there will be a lot of changes mostly due to covid/omicron. 
I'm off to make another cuppa, then sew some more Lucy pieces.

13 comments:

Janet O. said...

Good to see and hear you today. You are obviously improving. Sounds like it was a good move to change doctors.
Lucy is looking lovely. And all the baked goods--my mouth was watering.
That is a dark and brooding puzzle, but it looks like a really good one. So many little pieces. I just finished my 1000 piece sea turtles this week, and I'm not sure I'd be ready to tackle 1500 pieces!

Jennifer said...

Souonds like your new doctor has it sorted - glad to hear you are doing better. I missed the zoom this morning, woke really really early, went back to bed....and slept through it!

Maria said...

Good to read you are finally getting much better and can get back to work….
Lucy’s looking great and growing ….
Lots of delicious food you’ve been making..
I was sorry to have missed out on the Zoom session but 4 am is a tad early for me…..

ButterZ said...

Oh Lou, that is so good to hear there is some improvement. We are having a great time here in the Scrub. Yes, I was up early and then had to have an afternoon nap. I am ready for sleep now though…

Ondrea said...

So glad you are feeling much better. Loving your LB blocks which look so beautiful together. Have fun with the puzzle.

Christine B said...

Sorry I wasn't able to zoom this time. It was too late for me! Lucy looks wonderful and your bakes all look delicious! Christine xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh goodness..... So pleased you got to a new Dr for another opinion..... It was needed..... Such a long time of sick..... Goodluck returning to work..... Lovely to see you on zoom and Lucy sure is growing and looking gorgeous.......

Lin said...

So glad to read that you have found another DR and that you really are now back on track. Great that you can return to work. Your baking always looks so delicious. xx

Karen S said...

These blocks always look so lovely.
And the apple shortcake looks delicious!!!

Rose Marie said...

Good to see you on zoom and so glad to hear that you are feeling much better.

cityquilter grace said...

lucy is coming along beautifully! and so glad to hear your health is definitely improving...wise to switch to another doc...sorry i missed the zoom...

jude's page said...

Great news that you are improving, good to catch the zoom,even if it was only 10 mins!!Your cooking looks yummo!

Diane-crewe said...

SO pleased to hear that you feeling better and getting the treatment you need x I now MUST go and find a piece of cake ! lol x Hope the fishermen enjoy their pie x