Sunday 17 April 2022

Slow progress.

I missed a zoom! 
Chooky invited me and everything. But I hadn't checked my email for a day or two.
I said some rude words and moved on.
Even without zoom, I have been making some slow progress with Lucy. All of the individual blue blocks now have their white honeycombs attached.
And I need only add one more block to complete another row of large blocks.
I have some favourite blocks and will let you look a little closer soon. 
If you are wondering what the brown paper is all about, just there by Tony's feet.
Tony received a package the other day and it had a few yards of brown paper as padding.
Miss Belle came running as soon as she heard it rustling and before Tony could clear up after himself, she had claimed it as her own.
She checks on it regularly throughout the day.
If I move it, or step on it, she arrives in a hurry to see what is going on. 
I have to be sneaky about getting photos of her.
Or I get the look!
I'll leave it out for a few more days as it is still getting a lot of her attention.
*
My jigsaw puzzle is also making slow progress.
And for some reason blogger insists on showing it sideways!
I knew this one would take a while, but that's ok I'm enjoying it.
*
Health wise? 
I know some of you were asking Chooky if she knew how I'm doing.
I'm still not back at work.
After getting my hopes up last week and planning a gentle return with my boss, she called me and said that I could not return yet. Her boss had gotten involved and said no.
As my respiratory system is already compromised she did not want me at work.
My boss was very disappointed for me, she knows that I have cabin fever and I just want to get back to normal. That said, extending the break has meant that I have had more time to improve.
Tony took me out yesterday, we had some chores to do and also a very short shopping list.
I survived wearing a mask and being towed around various stores at Tony speed. 
The only time I struggled was after climbing the stairs at Farmers. That wasn't fun, but I did recover pretty fast. 
So, all being well, I will be returning to work on Wednesday afternoon. 
Right now, I'm off to make a cuppa and then I plan to sin and sew until it's time to pop the roast into the oven. 

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Best to take care of yourself for a while longer.....you can sin and sew to your heart's content! Most of us behave when we sew, lol....(sorry, couldn't resist) Cats love packaging, don't they. Makes you wonder why some people spend money on toys for them when some paper or a bag keeps them amused for ages.

Maria said...

So happy to see your post pop up. Just sent an email as I was worried about you.
Sorry it’s such a slow progress getting well, a longer break will do you good.
Did miss you on Zoom…
Lacy’s growing quickly now….
Have had a chance to remove the brown paper!

ButterZ said...

I didn’t make zoom either. Your recovery time is taking a while. Hope when you start work you are feeling much better.
Could you email your address as I have something I want to send you.

Denice Barker said...

Don't over do or you'll be back home again. Take it easy.
I missed zoom, too. Grand daughter was in a play and that was our ticket date

Diane-crewe said...

LOVE the claiming of the brown paper x I can understand your frustration at not being back at work .. but try and use the time to rest and recover. Hopefully that way when you DO go back .. it will be for good x

Jindi's Cottage said...

You were missed on zoom but good to hear you are improving, the extra days off work will help get right on top of whatever it was...Lucy is looking goood...

Karen S said...

Lovely to see your blocks growing again.
Hope you do enjoy your return to work.

Christine B said...

Hope your health continues to improve so that you can return to work. I missed the zoom too. There were too many people here over the Easter weekend to be able to join this time! Christine xx

Christine M said...

Your quilt is looking wonderful Lou. I didn't make the zoom either. Hope you are continuing to improve each day. xx

Janet O. said...

I wondered if you had made it to the last Zoom and I had just missed you, as I was only on the last 45 minutes or so. Cabin Fever is probably putting it mildly for you. But you are making great progress on Lucy, and you have a cat with a wad of paper to entertain you. LOL
Hopefully you will be able to get back to work very soon, and I hope to see you via Zoom in the near future!

Ondrea said...

Pleased to hear you are feeling a bit better but sorry you can't return to work as planned. At least you have more stitching time and LB is looking so lovely.

Raewyn said...

Wow - Lucy is looking so good. Every time I see one, I want to dive right in but I need to wait...for now....! Sorry that you missed zoom... I was only able to join in for a short time but it was nice to see the ladies again. Hopefully the extra rest will do you good and you will be 100% when you do return to work. At least you have your handcrafts and jigsaws to keep you out of mischief, even if they don't completely solve the cabin fever. Take care.

kiwikid said...

Sounds like you still need to take care of yourself Lou. Lucy is looking amazing and that puzzle sure is a challenge!

dq said...

Oh my, your Lucy is so beautiful!!