Tuesday 1 November 2022

Life got in the way.

It's been over a week since I wrote a blog post. How did that happen?
Well as the title suggests, life got in the way.
Tony is sadly still out of work, so still home and causing ripples in my usual routine.
I have been managing to get some study in and another unit was completed and submitted the other day. Only four left. I wonder if I can smash them out and be finished before Christmas?
There has been some baking, a lovely lemon cake as a colleague gave me lemons.
Sorry no picture, we ate it!
I did do some sewing, I made another tunic for work. I'll get a pic of that soon.
I have also been a little busy with other crafty pursuits.
I'm a little late here, but was finished in plenty of time to say....
Happy Halloween at work.
With some help and a lot of suggestions and approval from our residents at work,
I decorated the window in the common room. 
It was fun to do. I had to cut out a lot of bats and a witch from black card.
The residents enjoy the window projects. Some of them love to help, others are there for moral support and make lots of suggestions.
They all enjoy seeing what is going on. 
I'm already getting questions about what is next.
Something quick and simple, to tide us over until it is time to decorate for Christmas. 
*
Tony is fishing with his dad today, it's my day off work.
Do I get some study done?
Do I go play in my room?
I'll get back to you on that one and let you know my decision.
First another cup of tea I think. 

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love your fun Halloween decorations! Another cuppa sounds like a good idea.

Diane-crewe said...

Always a cup of tea before the big decision x lolA small change have a LARGE impact x Fingers crossed a job will be on the horizon soon x

Jenny said...

Such a fun thing to do at work!

Janet O. said...

I love the holiday atmosphere you created for the residents!

Mystic Quilter said...

Bet the residents have a happy Halloween thanks to all your work in decorating, the bats and witch are smashing!

Janice said...

Life does get in the way at times. We just have to roll with it. I love the decorations. It makes such a difference when there is a creative person livening the place up.

Jan said...

The decorations look great, especially the witch - lovely for the residents and staff!

Christine B said...

Fun decorations Lou and I am sure the residents appreciated your efforts! Christine xx

Chookyblue...... said...

great effort to give something fun to your patients to think about.......