Thursday 3 August 2023

Quilting for a friend.

A patchworker pal who happens to live just a few doors up the road asked me if I would quilt a finished top for her. 
GULP!
This is my first paid quilting job. 
Shelly had fun with purple and Kaffe, making this queen size Drunkards path.
The backing fabric is another Kaffe, extra wide in Crochet flowers.
This photo does it no justice, it's stunning.
And of course purple thread for quilting.
Shelly selected a swirl pattern and left me to it.
This is the first two runs, I have a long way to go.  Hopefully I'll have plenty of time over the weekend. 
*
Driving home from the supermarket the other day and something told me to call in to the op shop at the round about. Look what I found.
With the exception of Donald Duck all of these fabrics are larger than fat quarters.
There were two pieces of this cute Dalmatian fabric.
This Hawaiian looking piece might be big enough to make scrubs for work. 
Thank you to the little voice that suggested I call in. 
*
I've made progress on my ready set sew project and even more progress on my crochet. It's been very cold and wintry here for a few days, we even had 10 seconds of snow yesterday. While the sun was shining. LOL So it has definitely been snuggle under the crochet weather. 

 

15 comments:

Janet O. said...

Good job on the purple quilt. It would intimidate me to quilt for other people.
Nice finds at the op shop.
If you do make scrubs from the tropical print, I hope you will share them here. I want to see! :)

Alison said...

You sound more excited to be sewing. You are doing a lovely job quilting for your friend. I enjoy reading what you are up to.

Jennifer said...

You go on that purple quilting, Lou! Great op shop find....I like the Hawaiian print.

Lin said...

The quilt is stunning and I do love the backing fabric. Have fun with the quilting. Great fabric finds. xx

ButterZ said...

Great for scrubs. How much fabric do you need for them.

Susan said...

Wow - that is a huge quilt to be working on - good luck!

What a find in the Op Shop - I rarely go into them - but I NEVER find cotton fabrics!

and yes please - show us the scrubs if you can get enough!

Denice Barker said...

Wow,the purple is beautiful, but I agree, GULP!

Jenny said...

Great finds at the OP Shop. I'm sure your first qui,ting commission will turn out beautifully, I can understand you being a little apprehensive though.

cityquilter grace said...

that was your quilty muse lou...lol...great haul!

Fiona said...

Great to get paid to play and have fun! the quilting looks perfect for the quilt.... lovely pop in to the op shop...
Hugz

Janice said...

Good lucky with your quilting. I’m sure it will look great. How good are those fabric finds. They will make something fun. Hawaiian scrubs would be nice and cheery. I hope there is enough fabric.

kiwikid said...

Well done on the purple quilt. Great purchases from the op shop.

Christine B said...

The quilting is looking great! How exciting to be quilting a quilt for someone else! Hugs Christine xx

Chookyblue...... said...

That's going to be a very reversible quilt I think .... Goodluck with the quilting.....

Raewyn said...

Oh scary to quilt on another's quilt but it looks like you are doing a great job! Stunning combination of those purples with that backing! Good find at the op shop.