Thursday 21 September 2023

Charity Fabric Sale.

As you know, Debbie and I went to a charity fabric sale at the weekend. I confess I spent a lot more than I intended to. It really doesn't look like much when you see it here but just you wait until I start to sort it all out.
Firstly there were a few bundles of scraps and off cuts, or so I thought. Some of those pieces are quite large.
An almost completed cross stitch. 
No pattern but that shouldn't be too hard to replicate the border once I get the thread colours sorted.
A bag bursting full of strips.
There are some beautiful fabrics here all ready to make a scrappy strippy quilt.
A very large bundle of black and whites. It doesn't look like much but there is a lot of fabric here. I'm pretty sure they are the sample fabrics that suppliers send to our local quilt shops.
These two Christmas blues had to come home with me.
Another bundle of fabric samples.  All dinosaurs!
Torstein will be happy if I get him a quilt made for Christmas!
I'll give you a better look once I get to work on them.
This next bundle is more shop samples and they all happen to blend rather nicely with the dinosaurs so they had to come home with me.
Then I found two more bundles of shop samples, this time in bright girly colours.
And a panel to make up a fabric book.
I discovered these little bundles of precuts and scooped them up.
Some 1.5 inch hexies and some 2.5 inch squares.
I also found some hardware for hanging quilts of cross stitch and some embroidery hoops. 
And that was my haul. 
I thought I had a lot but as I left I saw a woman with a 30 litre crate full to the top with bundles of fabric that she was ready to purchase, another lady had brought along one of this big crafting trolly style totes, it was over flowing too!

14 comments:

Jeanette said...

Lots of lovely fabrics there. They have fabric sale days in Brisbane that i'd love to get to but just as well i can't as i'd come home with too much. :) :)

Janice said...

Wow! That was some score. You will have a lot of fun with them.

Janet O. said...

What fun to paw through all this fabric!

Lin said...

Didn't you do well! xx

Christine B said...

Looks like you came away with some great buys! Enjoy putting them to good use! Hugs Christine xx

Jennifer said...

Wow - treasure!

Denice Barker said...

You'll never have to go to a quilt shop again!

Susan said...

What a haul - some great pieces there.

ButterZ said...

Wow. You are going to have using all of that haul up. Well done.

kiwikid said...

Fantastic score Lou, you have lots of great fabrics there - wonderful sale!

Mystic Quilter said...

You scored extremely well with all your goodies purchased!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, that was quite a good haul! You will have lots of fun figuring out how to use them up, Lou! Happy Stitching!

cityquilter grace said...

lots of great inspiration there...nice haul!

jude's page said...

What a fantastic collection from the sale. Look forward to seeing what you make with all of that. Playing catchup with the blogs today, am so far behind in reading what you have all been up to.