Thursday 14 September 2023

Jenny Janome is Home.

I picked her up from the store yesterday. Peter had given her a full service and says I must oil the top more frequently. He couldn't get her to make the awful noise I described, but adjusted the timing for me as it was a little off and the needle was also a little off, The needle threader works again!
Tony lifted her back on to the frame for me last night. I can do it, but not while there is a quilt loaded and of course I had left the churndash part way quilted and still loaded on to the bars.
Last night I set everything up ready to begin sewing this morning. 
And that is precisely what I did. I quilted nearly all day stopping only to peg out washing, eat lunch, make a salad for tea and bring the laundry in again. Oh and also to answer emails...
Chooky emailed me, a response to my comment following her request for distractions. So I continued the distraction by keeping her updated with progress.
By the time Tony got home and Debbie popped in to visit it was all done and spread out on the floor ready for a final trim.
And a closer look at the quilting.
You can see it more clearly here on the paper pattern.
The curves and loops do a great job of softening all the straight lines of the blocks.
I have the binding made and ready to go on. I was hoping to do that tomorrow, but Debbie arrived project in hand. A quick quilting job for me. She wants to take it to her niece next week. I've already made a start, it is a quarter done so should not take long to complete tomorrow. I promise to take lots of pictures it's a great wee eye spy quilt.

10 comments:

ButterZ said...

Great job with a churn dash finish

Jennifer said...

Churn dash is looking great - love the colours!

Rose Marie said...

Your churn dash is lovely! The quilting design is perfect. A lot of us that participated in Chooky's challenge are getting our quilts done lately. My quilt has binding on and it is not even the end of the month! Just need to find a nice day for outdoor pics.

Jenny said...

It's always a relief to welcome home your sewing machine after it has been away for a while getting serviced.

cityquilter grace said...

a very pretty finish lou!

Christine B said...

Glad you have your machine back and that it is working beautifully. Fabulous finish on your churn dash quilt. Christine xx

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice quilting design and how neat to be able to have a log arm frame to get busy on.

kiwikid said...

Well done on the churn dash Lou, it looks wonderful.

Fiona said...

Churn Dash looks great... glad the machine is back and playing nicely...
Hugz

Janice said...

What a relief to have Jenny Janome back home and healthy. It didn’t take you long to give her a work out. Nice to see your churn dash all quilted. You do have some lovely pantos.