Monday 4 September 2023

This n that.

My quilting machine has been at the spa for a week and I've been keeping myself busy elsewhere. 
Molly the mannikin has been pressed in to service and is currently modelling my in progress scrubs for work.
The colours really don't show true here, they are so much richer in real life. I purchased this fabric when I was in Australia for Scrub Stitchin'. It's finally seeing daylight.
Also making progress in my scrappy Hexie project.
That top piece was becoming a bit cumbersome, so a second 'slice' has been started.
I really like how this is looking. As I mentioned previously no particular pattern or plan, I'll just sew hexies until it feels big enough then add a border before quilting and binding. 
And finally progress is still being made on the crochet blanket.
The evenings are still cool and it is nice to be cosy as I hook away. I spread it out on our bed yesterday and I still have a long way to go, it's only about half of the size it needs to be.
*
Work continues to keep me busy, we have pretty much recovered from the latest Covid outbreak though some staff members are struggling to fully recover. My colleague who was in hospital with covid complications has still not returned to work. The flu virus that Tony had is still around and people are catching that.  I've been lucky and have continued to dodge both viruses.  I hope it stays that way.
My day off today, so I'll be spending the afternoon with Barack Obama! I've discovered a wildlife series that he narrates, it looks good.

13 comments:

Ondrea said...

Ooo a narration by Barack Obama sounds lovely. He has such a lovely voice. I hope your work colleague improves and fully recovers soon. There is so much complacency around about Covid now. Many people think it has gone away and media help promote that idea . I hope you dodge it and greatly appreciate what you do to help others. Lol, scrubs fabric from Scrub Stitching hehehe. I love the fabric. It reminds me of those quilt designs from France. Your hexies are growing and so is your crochet. The crochet won't take long to grow more. If you enjoy doing it as much as I do then it will be easy. Keep well .

Jeanette said...

Pretty fabric for your scrubs. The scrappy hexies look lovely. I've watched that wildlife series & quite enjoyed it.

Lin said...

Your Australian fabric looks like it is going to make a great top and your hexies are progressing nicely. Your crochet looks lovely and cosy, it will be a while before mine gets to that stage! xx

Raewyn said...

That's pretty cool fabric for your latest scrubs, Lou! And the hexies look lovely - seems like a nice low-key project. I hope you continue to avoid the winter colds, viruses and flu (etc!).

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your new scrubs are looking fab. Love that fabric.

A show narrated by Barrack sounds promising.

Susan said...

It must be fun to be able to wear such colourful scrubs!
(just testing to see if I have resolved my problem...)

Christine B said...

Lots of lovely projects to keep you going while your sewing machine is away at the spa. Fingers crossed that you continue to avoid the viruses! Hugs Christine xx

kiwikid said...

Good to hear you have a day off to rest and recover, hope you stay healthy. love the Scrub Stitching fabric, you are going well with your crochet too.

ButterZ said...

Nice fabric for your scrubs. That will brighten up your workspace. Glad you haven’t come down sick again. Happy hexies and crochet..

Janice said...

They’ll be nice and cheerful scrubs. I’m glad you have continued to Dodge the lurgies.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice fabric on the mannikin, may as well have colour when you're wearing scrubs, nice and cheerful.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful photos in your last post...I enjoy seeing where folks live...you are having a nice spring it seems while we are gradually cooling down now. I too am working on hexies...yours are such pretty colours. A great in hand project. Also love the colours of your crochet blanket. Wool blankets like this end up being so nice and warm. Happy Stitching!

Karen S said...

Good to see you keeping busy with projects. The hexies are really growing and the crochet blanket is looking very snuggly.