Thursday 21 September 2023

Two Churn Dash Finishes.

As you know, as soo as Jenny Janome was back from the spa she was put to work finishing the quilting on my Churn Dash. I had to put it aside while I did some other things but finally got the binding on and closed up a couple of days ago then I was off outside in the beautiful spring sunshine to take some photos..
Here it is in the cherry tree. Doesn't the lawn look lovely? We had some strong winds yesterday, it's now covered in blossom. Though the blossom tree and the garden looks lovely I needed to get a closer look at my quilt so I went looking for another spot and tried the corner of the deck.
I like the way the trees cast the shadows of their branches over the quilt. 
And you can see the bunting fluttering in the gentle breeze.
Once the photo shoot was over I was straight back indoors and quilting again. Another Churn Dash.
It didn't take long to get this one done using a meandering quilt design.
You can see it here on the back of the quilt. 
No matter what I do, blogger insists that this image be displayed upside down!!
It wasn't such a pretty sunshiny day when I went out of doors for a photo shoot for this one.
But the corner of the deck was the best image again. This one is sold and has gone to it's new home. 
Now I'm off to write another post about my finds at the craft sale. 

8 comments:

Janice said...

Two great finishes.

Janet O. said...

Good job on the churn dash quilts, Lou!

Lin said...

Two lovely finishes - the blue and yellow is my favourite! xx

Christine B said...

Two lovely finishes and Jenny is certainly earning her spa treatment!! Christine xx

Rose Marie said...

Lovely finishes and all Churn Dashes ... and you did good at the fabric sale!

Karen S said...

Lovely finishes for both quilts. It's great to get outside for photos, too.

Fiona said...

Both quilts are really lovely... and so is your lawn and cherry tree....
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

Double churn dash work completed...... You did great and they both look amazing........ Also your tree is gorgeous....
Thanks for being part of the churn dash SAL.....