Monday 11 September 2023

The Birthday Boy and EPP progress.

We've had a very busy weekend here at home. I could have done extra shifts but I gave myself the whole of my rostered weekend off again. BLISS!
But as I said we have been very busy. The arrival of lovely warm summery weather prompted a big outdoor clean up. 
Once we were done I suggested we add some bunting on the deck.
I bought this maritime bunting a few years ago but this is the first time we have hung it. It looks great fluttering out there in the breeze.
*
Torstein will have his 3rd birthday this week, so of course as we had the family here for their regular visit on Sunday and there were also presents and cake.
My pal Debbie had made a discovery bag for me to gift to Torstein. Both he and Grandad were kept busy for quite some time
 as they discovered just how many dinosaurs Debbie could squeeze into that little bag.
I'm not sure who was more excited by it.
It was a lovely evening.
Torstein's sister Charmaine played eye spy with me as we looked for matching fabrics on my latest EPP.
I've decided that it is about the correct size and I just need to fill in the gaps along the edges, then add borders and it will be ready to layer and quilt. I hope to add a few more hexies today, before an early start at work. It will be nice to relax for a short time today, I've had a busy morning making and baking in the kitchen.
*
I hope you had a great weekend. 

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday to Torstein! Your bunting looks great fluttering away there.

ButterZ said...

Those discovery bags are quite fun. Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Lin said...

The bunting looks great! Always feels good after a big clean up. Such a cute little birthday boy. xx

kiwikid said...

The flags look great Lou. Torstein looks so happy checking out the dinosaurs! The hexies look wonderful.

Christine B said...

Sounds Like you had a fabulous weekend! Love the bunting and always lovely to see the grandchildren enjoying themselves! Christine xx

Jenny said...

Family birthdays with little ones are always such fun.

Denice Barker said...

Busy weekends that are fun are the best! Love the expressions you caught on Torstein and Grandpa's faces!

Janice said...

How nice to finally get some warm weather. I think it is our turn this coming weekend. Torstein and Grandad look to be having a lovely time. I’m glad you were able to be home to enjoy it all.

Raewyn said...

It sounds like a nice weekend, Lou. Happy Birthday to Torstein - the discovery bag looks to be a great hit, and your hexies are looking really good. Fun to have the bunting up and fluttering.

Janet O. said...

Your deck looks very inviting, and the bunting is a nice touch.
The shots of Torstein and Grandad are really cute.
I want to know how many dinosaurs were squeezed into that bag. :)
What a surprise to see you closing in on another hexie finish (not).