Sunday 17 September 2023

Quilting for Debbie.

 I mentioned last time that Debbie had given me a small quilting job to do. She had made a wee eye spy quilt for her niece and wants to gift it this week but wasn't sure she would have time to get it finished. I had offered to quilt it for her. Debbie had bought a piece of very soft minky fleece to back it, which will make a great snuggle quilt.
There are some very bright, colourful and fun fabrics included so as the child grows she can have fun spotting many different characters.
Debbie had a look through my pattern books and decided she was happy enough for me to use the loopy design that was still sat on the frame table after I had finished quilting the churn dash. It really did not take me long to quilt it and it was fun to do.
As it is minky Debbie will overlock the edges before she puts the binding on. It was a huge piece of minky and there is plenty left to make another small quilt back. 
*
For my next quilting task I have another Churn dash to quilt. A colleague wants to purchase this one for a grand child due in December. She doesn't know what she is getting yet so wanted something that will go either way.
Though it is larger than Debbie's piece, it isn't big and should be done on no time.
*
Debbie and I went out to a fabric and craft sale this morning. Oh my goodness, I found so many treasures and spent way more than I intended. But it was all for a good cause as it was a charity sale.
Torstein and Charmaine will be very happy this Christmas.
Well I hope they will!
And there was bags and bags of scraps and off cuts, just right for more EPP. 
I'll try to get photos before I put it all away or start playing. 
Speaking of play......
I'm off to sew until it is time for work. 
I hope you're having a great weekend.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a fun quilt, for sure! Your churn dash turned out really well, didn't it?

Christine B said...

Glad you had a fun visit to the craft fair and your friend's quilt turned out beautifully. Hugs Christine xx

ButterZ said...

Sounds like you are on a roll with your sewing. Well done.

Janice said...

Debbie’s quilt is lovely. Perfect for a young girl. I look forward to seeing your latest purchases.

Ondrea said...

Fun quilt and great quilting design. Churn dash looks great too.

Susan said...

Keeping busy - and selling stuff - that's always a bonus - you can offset your recent purchases!

Susan said...

Keeping busy & selling stuff - helps offset your extra shopping!!!

kiwikid said...

Debbie's quilt is great and it quilted up beautifully. The churn dash looks wonderful too. The sale sounded really good!