Thursday 30 May 2024

A Change of Plan.

A couple of posts ago I showed progress on my Scrappy Triangles project. I had started to put them together. I thought I might make two lap size quilt tops. I got the first one to this stage and pinned it up to await borders.
It looked so small But I told myself that once it had borders it would be fine.
I carried on making triangles, one a day and carried on looking at the piece I had pinned up and thinking that it was very small.
Then yesterday I stopped thinking about it and did something.
LOL
I added another row of triangles to the bottom and another column to the left side. That was way better, even without borders.
Next I enlisted the help of some friends. Janice is on her holidays on the other side of the world, so I guess she was asleep when my message arrived, but Chooky was available and suggested the red narrow border inside the blue.
So that is what happened. And Voila!
A completed top.
The days are grey and not very good for photography, so I apologise for this poor image. Hopefully I'll be able to get a much better image once it's quilted.
For now it is sat on the to be quilted pile. 
Which is growing again.
I must do something about that. 
*
Something else that is growing is the crochet blanket I've been working on.
Last night I started the edge treatment.
The final round is a pretty shell edge.
I should get it completed this evening and add it's Loulee label.
Then I will need to find something else to keep my lap warm on these cold evenings. 
*
I have two days of May left and no completed cross stitch ornament and not much progress on my Wind Swept blocks. I had better get myself in to gear and get stitching.
Good thing I'm on my days off. 

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

The red border sets it off very well. Nothing like a nice crochet blanket to keep the knees warm, is there?

Jeanette said...

Love the red border. Gives & extra pop. The shell edge is very pretty.

dq said...

The added rows made all the difference. That was a genius move.
You have an afghan finish? What will keep you warm now that you don't have it to snuggle under?

Ma Betty said...

I like the border on the scrappy and it means that the top is done. Great work.

Lin said...

Your flimsy is looking good, the red border works a treat. Make the most of your days off. xx

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilt top Lou, I like the bigger size and the borders you added. Your crochet looks wonderful too.

ButterZ said...

Your quilt is looking lovely. I do like it with the extra borders. The crochet blanket would have kept you warm. Maybe you could venture into a hand quilting project to keep you warm.

cityquilter grace said...

oh yes the quilt is terrific...great idea and helpful assistant!

Chookyblue...... said...

thankfully I was a second thought...........LOL......
It looks good......

Hanne said...

Pretty quilt top :-)
Well done on your crochet.

Ondrea said...

Great finish! Looks lovely. I love the shell crocheted edge on your blanket.

Raewyn said...

That's a great solution for your HST and it looks like it was always supposed to be finished like that :-) Lovely edging on your crochet,