Sunday 26 May 2024

The Altrusa sale.

Do you recall in September last year I went to the Altrusa sale? September last year I went to the Altrusa sale? I got a great haul.
I did it again today and got another great score.
The first table I stopped at had a huge pile of aida for cross stitching.
LOL I didn't take it all, but I did get a good pile.
And also this cute wee kit.
Next I hit the fabric tables. I found a bag full of 4 inch charms.
And another bag with some hexies.
The papers and pre basted pieces are 1.5 inches. Same size as the ones I found last year. LOL
Next I scored some great fabric bundles.
The purples will be handy, a colleague would like some purple bowl cosies.
I couldn't believe this piece, almost 5 meters for only $10 NZ.
And finally a kit!
There are lots of precut pieces and also some spare fabric pieces. 
I see an Ohio star quilt in my future. 
LOL
I wasn't home long when our grandies arrived. We enjoyed a roast chicken lunch before spending some time in the garden and taking a walk to the local play ground.
All of that means I didn't get my 15 minutes in today,
So I'm off to do that now.
I hope you had a great weekend.

14 comments:

Lin said...

Didn't you do well! xx

ButterZ said...

Wow. Some fun purchases.

Jennifer said...

That's a good haul.

Denice Barker said...

Wow! You made a good haul at the sale! Love the strawberry pattern!

Susan said...

What great bargains - too good to leave behind!

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck planning another lot of projects.....

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck planning another lot of projects.....

Chookyblue...... said...

Goodluck planning those new projects......

cityquilter grace said...

wow great haul...and you did right...those grandies will grow up before you know it...

Fiona said...

what great bargains... you have got a nice stash to play with there...
Hugz

Lianne makes stuff said...

What a great score

Ma Betty said...

But grandies are as good as 15 minutes of sewing anyway. Have fun with them. My grandies came on Friday and we did some sewing of scrappy slabs. Lots of fun too.

kiwikid said...

Fantastic haul Lou!

dq said...

You found some great treasures, but, 1.5" hexies sound pretty small to me.
Enjoy!