Tuesday 21 May 2024

Progress on my days off.

 I'm back to work tomorrow after two days off. I didn't make as much progress on my projects as I had hoped to. Monday was taken up with chores, chores and more chores. How boring. I did manage to squeeze in some crochet in the evening, just so I could tick the 15 minute box for the day.
Today however was an entirely different story. I sewed and sewed all day.
I put together some of the Wind swept blocks.
My little pile is growing.
I enjoyed my time with them.
My pile of scrappy triangles was much taller and I could no longer get the lid to remain upon the tin.
Time to have a play on the floor.
Not the best photo I'm afraid but you get the idea. As you can see I even started to sew the blocks together.
There are more in the tin, but I'm happy with this layout and size so I shall make a few more and make them in to a second quilt top.
Now it is the end of the day and I am too tired to cross stitch, so I'm off to crochet for a while. It will be nice to snuggle under all that wool on this cool evening.

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love those autumn colours.

cityquilter grace said...

lovely blocks and the layout as well...ooh snail trail is a fave pattern, anxious to see more of this one!

Denice Barker said...

Love the layout on your scrappies. The touch of blue is perfect!

Jeanette said...

The windswept blocks are lovely. Love how you have set your triangle blocks.

Ma Betty said...

Lou, your scrappy triangles look great. It is such fun - you with your more formal style and me with my Baradine Bits.
I also love the Wind Swept (Snail Trail) blocks. It was the first block I made using rotary cutters and associated tools, and created a coat with them (see My Quilt Journal on my blog) in the 'Up to 2010'.

Anonymous said...

I like your snail trails. Years ago I made a set of 4 cats using the snail trail bloc in the center as their tails….cheers, Louise

Anonymous said...

I like your snail trails. Years ago I made a set of 4 cats using the snail trail bloc in the center as their tails….cheers, Louise

ButterZ said...

So what size has your quilt finished at.

Fiona said...

Great pile of snail blocks and I like that setting for the scrappy triangles....
Hugz

Susan said...

Loving the Windswept blocks - not my normal colors at all - but love it!

Ondrea said...

Great blocks there. You have achieved a lot.

Ondrea said...

Great blocks there. You have achieved a lot.

Chookyblue...... said...

Great progress......

dq said...

Wind Swept will be a great quilt! You have done a lot while I have been away.