Sunday 12 May 2024

It's been a busy week and Aurora.

I've been busy making more scrappy triangle blocks.
They are fun to make and many of my smaller floral fabric scraps are being used up.
Can you believe I have an almost empty drawer?
It's only a small drawer but a heck of a lot of fabric came out of it.
There are several more drawers, so I won't run out any time soon. 
If you would like to have a go at these lovely blocks, you cane find them for free on Leila Gardunia's website. They really are fun to make.
LOL
I've also made a start on my Windswept quilt top.
I do love these colours.
I also spent some time in putting together some of my spots and stripes diamonds then Chooky held a zoom and I got to add two rows on to the quilt top.
It's growing nicely and is just over half way done.
I need to print some papers and get them basted.
All of that and extra shifts at work.
I was working last night during the solar storm. I did go outside for a look, but there was too much light pollution and it spoiled the show. 
Tony got a great shot from our front door and sent it to me.
Things seemed to have calmed down by the time I got home so we watched a little TV then decided it was bed time. I wanted just one more look and was delighted to find more activity.
Tony's camera was collecting more light than my eyes could see.
We went for a drive out of town and were rewarded with a wavering display.
We're going out again tonight.
My son back on the Isle of Man was treated to a great show too. He was at sea, working and someone got a photo and shared with him.
What a stunning show.
*
Thank you to everyone who gave me feed back on my place mats tutorial. All good ideas and advice.
Some of you even said you would give them a go.
*
Another busy week ahead with more sewing, more work and more extra shifts.
And hopefully more Aurora.

19 comments:

Jenny said...

What wonderful photos, a real sight to behold. Our TV played up for a while last night and we did wonder if it was connected go the solar flare, or maybe not.

Jennifer said...

No Aurora for us, it was too cloudy. Love your Windswept colours!

Jeanette said...

The triangle blocks look great. Nice start to windswept & spots & stripes is looking lovely. The photo's of the Aurora are beautiful. I've always wanted to go see the lights. I've got one receipt towards the place mats. :)

Chookyblue...... said...

you have been busy sewing once again......wow the pics were so good thanks for sending them to me.......I should have been able to see it but we had some cloud so I saw nothing.........so sad about that........

Ondrea said...

Lovely pics! My daughter texted me some that she took last night. I looove your tumbling blocks progress with all those happy stripes and dots. Lots of lovely blocks there.

ButterZ said...

Those light show photos are beautiful. Thanks for the link to the free quilt blocks. I’ll give your placemats a go next weekend.

Lin said...

Great light show pictures. They could be seen from here too but the first night we forgot to go look and last night we didn't see anything. Great work on your triangles and tumbling blocks. xx

kiwikid said...

Beautiful Aurora photos, hopefully we can see it again here tonight too. Great triangle blocks, your Windswept colours are beautiful.

Denice Barker said...

The lights were beautiful! We have been gone so didn't see the test pattern but reading through it, they sound good and what an idea to use grocery receipts!

Susan said...

Your Aurora shots are great...cant see anything in suburban Brisbane!

cityquilter grace said...

great aurora photos...and using up a whole drawer? priceless!

Fiona said...

Fabulous to see Aurora.... we couldnt catch a glow at the right time. Well done with the scraps....
Hugz

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm in love with your beautifully bright tumbling blocks!
Weren't the colours stunning also in the sky, we here in Auckland, at least where we are in Auckland, didn't see anything on Saturday night but we had a wonderful orange red vision last night.

Rose Marie said...

We were clouded over, so no auroras for us. Great photos. You have a number of interesting projects going.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

the Aurora is gorgeous!!so glad you captured it!!!

Ma Betty said...

Oh Lou the aurora is wonderful. What with the rain and cloud and city lights here I have not seen anything. So thanks for sharing your views.

liferecipes said...

Your photos are fabulous! I want to thank you for the placemat pattern. I saw it on Butter Z's blog. I have aboriginal fabric and backings I am going to use to make these for Christmas presents for the people I traveled to Australia with. I think I have enough to make napkins, too! You gave me just what I needed!

Janet O. said...

So cool to see the Aurora from your area. We were in the Northwestern States with our oldest daughter, and the neighbor got great photos, but we did not even see it. Our son back home got good photos, too. But the one shared with your son is stunning!

Susan said...

I have seen some great shots of Aurora - but the one your son sent is possibly the best!

Just catching up on blog posts....