Friday 3 May 2024

May Goals.

 Well here we are on the third of May and I still didn't set out my goals for the month.
A little late, but not too late.
As usual I'll be hoping to achieve all that is listed over there on the right hand panel of the page, but I'll go through it again and do a little show and tell.
The Chookshed Challenge.
Number 5 this month. Thank you Deanna.
Which for me means an Autumnal version of the Sea Swept pattern.
I previously made a blue green version for my daughter in law Lee.
This version will be in golds and reds, beautiful Autumn colours.
I cut all the fabric pieces back in January for the first Chookshed Challenge for the year.
Now it's time to begin sewing.
The printer is spitting out foundation papers as I type.
I'll keep you up to date with progress once I begin sewing.
*
Next on the list is the Rainbow Kiwi for the RSC.
Pink this month.
I'll get on to those soon. They may even sneak in as a before work project.
*
Cross stitch a secret Christmas ornament.
I have everything prepared for this and hopefully I'll make a start later today.
*
15 Minutes a day.
Before work.
As you know I work on my scrappy triangles before work and have several mini kits all ready to grab and sew. Some days I get more than one made before heading out to work. 
And in the evenings.
I have crochet, cross stitch and EPP. So plenty of work in hand to chose from.
I have lots to keep me busy.
*
Work on a scrap project.
I already completed a scrap project on the first of the month. LOL
The Debbie Mumm scrappy top was supposed to keep me busy for a few days this month, but the muse took over when I pulled it out for a looksee and Voila! It was a finished top.
See my last post if you missed that. LOL
So now what?
Well scrappy Triangles falls in to this category, so that is good. I have also been asked to do a little class in making up my grocery receipt placemats at the June club sewing day.
I need to prepare some more samples and a supplies list. I think that should count as another scrappy project for this month.
*
And finally my only non stitching goal.
Try a new recipe.
That might be a little difficult this month.
Tony has decided he wants to try the Carnivore diet!
Which means he gets to eat only meat, eggs and maybe a little cheese. That's it, nothing else. No veg, no sauces not even any herbs or spices.
I will NOT be joining him.
So if I decide to have savoury mince for my dinner I'll need to fry off the mince and put some aside for Tony, before adding onions, carrots and herbs and all the other little tweaks we add to make it just the way we like it.  No dash of this or splash of that for Tony's mince.
Why is he doing it? Because he hopes it will get rid of his diabetes and help him to lose weight.
I'd love for both of those things to happen, but not like this.
So my try a new recipe might end up being dinners for one!
Or maybe I'll try a new slice recipe and take it to work for my colleagues and I to have at morning tea.
*
There you have it, my goals for May.
Let the fun begin. 

10 comments:

Ma Betty said...

I think the slice recipe is the go. Or do a huge batch of meat and freeze it in meals that Tony can eat and you can tweak each night as you like.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to some pink kiwi! Cheers, Louise

ButterZ said...

All your projects sound good. Nice and colourful too. RSC being pink. I might just make my kiwis into a baby girl quilt I need. Mmmm.

Oh no ! Tony. You don’t need to be that extreme.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh I can't believe he's going to follow this diet! I very rarely eat meat but when we do I have to have lots of vegetables and herbs etc on my plate.

Lianne makes stuff said...

My husband would love Tony's diet. You are very organised.

kiwikid said...

Sounds like there is lots for you to do this month Lou. Tony's diet sounds a bit fierce - good luck to him!

cityquilter grace said...

oooh an autumn quilt...can't wait to see more!

Susan said...

Oh gosh - only meat & eggs ...I imagine that will get quite boring - but I wish him luck!

Pink kiwis will be fun!

Fiona said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Sea Swept grow.....
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

goodluck with your goals.......can't wait to see sea swept come to life......