Monday 29 July 2024

My Day out with Lee.

Last week I introduced my Daughter in Law Lee to the delights of Annie's Country Quilt Store
She bought s few fat quarters, a cutting board, ruler and roller blade. We still have no idea what she wants to make next but she has been looking at hussif patterns and asking if she can use hexies to make one......
She has also purchased a very tidy previously loved Husqvarna sewing machine and has asked for some guidance. We will be playing with that on Sunday when the family come for their regular visit.
It really is not taking a great deal of effort on my part to enable this young lady. LOL
So anyway, what did I buy?
I found a cute batik charm pack.
Love the blues and that sunflower!
Wow!
I'm sure these will be used but for now they are nestled safely in my batiks drawer.
Next these French General mini charms found their way in to my hands.
I have a plan for those, more about that another time.
As I arrived at the check out to pay for my precut fabrics I spied some cute little tins.
Look what was hiding inside.
I am a sucker for a cute pair of scissors.
Look aren't they tiny.
Obviously a pair came home with me.
We also made time to have a look around some other stores and I found this book in one of them.
Tony and I have already made two of the recipes.
YUMMY!
More about those in another post.
Having worked over the weekend, I'm off to catch up on chores and do some baking before I go play with my sewing machine. 

 

7 comments:

dq said...

It will be a joy to watch Lee grow into quilting if she gets hooked. It will be a great journey for you two as you mentor her.

Jennifer said...

Those scissors are indeed cute! Well done to your DIL, I'm sure you will both have many happy times teaching and learning together.

Fiona said...

fun to have time together shopping for fabric...
Hugz

Lin said...

Lovely purchases and fun to help someone else on their quilting way. xx

cityquilter grace said...

tsk tsk lou...housework only comes before sewing in the dictionary....LOL

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to see your daughter in law venturing into quilting. And wonderful also she has you as a mentor. The scissors you found are super cute! Good luck with the new diet. Lovely fabrics.

Karen S said...

It will be fun to pass on your knowledge and skills to your daughter in law.