Tuesday 30 July 2024

New recipes for July.

If you are looking for my July round up, you need to skip to the previous post.
I decided to do a separate post for my new recipe this month.

Anyone who has heard of the Keto diet has surely heard of 'fat bombs'.  I have to say the idea did not appeal to me. It conjured up thoughts of balls of butter or dripping. Not my idea of a tasty treat.
How wrong could I have been?
So far I have tried two different fat bomb recipes and I have to say....
YUMMY!
This first one is basically a bite size cheese cake.

Cheesecake Keto bombs.


125g Cream cheese
80g natural peanut butter. (No added sugar variety).
1 table spoon stevia or other sugar substitute.
80g dark chocolate finely grated. (The darker the better).


In a bowl blend the cream cheese, the peanut butter and the stevia until well combined.
Chill for an hour in the fridge.
Using a teaspoon and damp hands roll in to small balls then roll in the grated chocolate to coat.
Refrigerate to set. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.

I doubled the recipe the second time I made them, believe me they didn't last long and now that Tony can eat them........They just vanish. LOL
They would probably work with normal sugar or a sweetened variety of peanut butter. 
There are other flavours/varieties and I'm sure I'll get to trying them, when I do I will share.

Enjoy.

The next recipe is more like a truffle.

Keto Coconut Balls.



150g Very dark chocolate
60 ml cream
50g shredded coconut
15g coconut oil.
2 table spoons shredded coconut or slivered almonds to coat.

Using a sharp knife cut the chocolate in to small pieces.
Put the cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stir in the coconut butter until melted, then add the chocolate pieces and stir until melted and blended in. Next stir in the first measure of coconut.
Spoon into a cold bowl, a shallow bowl is best, spread the mixture out a little and chill in the fridge for 60 minutes.
Using wetted hands roll into bite size balls then roll in the coconut or almonds to coat.
Keep in an air tight container in a cool place.
My fridge is too cold, I keep mine in my cold pantry. 

This recipe would work with butter in place of the coconut oil.

Of the two, this one is my favourite.
Oh my goodness, it's hard to have only one!
And yes, this one comes in different flavours too.

I'm off to sample the latest batch. They must be set by now.

9 comments:

Susan said...

interesting.....I m n expert at collecting recipes....not so much an expert at making them

Jenny said...

I know all about the Keto way of eating and it certainly works. Never made these bombs though, I love the sound of recipe number two.

Jeanette said...

They sound yummy. Look good too.

kiwikid said...

They sound like yummy treats Lou.

kiwikid said...

They sound like yummy treats Lou.

dq said...

You are making me want a snack. Yummy!!!

Jenny said...

Sounds delicious

ButterZ said...

Oh these both sound delicious

jude's page said...

Have read of the fat bombs, but not made them, note to self, just do it....