Friday 12 July 2024

Remember that squirrel?

It's now a completed top. 
It looks much prettier in real life.
We are having dark winter days here and getting good photos is not easy.
So anyway about this quilt top.
It was a 20 piece layer cake that I found in spotlight, the outer green border was on the shelf right next to it. The red border came from my stash.
No cutting or fancy blocks required, I just put the squares together after a quick shuffle on the design floor, consulted with my pals Chooky and Janice on the borders and Voila!
This pretty will be going to an ex colleague who will be having her first baby very soon.
So I need to find backing fabric and get it on to the frame. 
*
In other news I have made a start on my Scrub Stitchin' bag. Yesterday before going in to work an extra shift I completed all of the applique and stitching on the front. Hopefully today I can make more progress.
I'm also progressing nicely on my latest scrappy crochet project.
And that is all of my news.  
Now I'm off to find a new recipe.
Something sweet. For me. 

11 comments:

kiwikid said...

Well done with the quilt Lou, it looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing your Scrub Stitchin' bag.

Jennifer said...

Well done, Lou!

Lin said...

Nice work on that top, the butterflies are lovely. xx

Ondrea said...

Awe aren't you sweet enough? Lol. Great finish. Looks like you are zooming along with projects. Looking forward to seeing the bag.

Karen S said...

Love a quick finish like that.Nice when it all comes together.

ButterZ said...

Lovely quilt finish..

Fiona said...

the quilt came up well... great gift... Hope you found a nice sweet recipe
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

looks good........wow those colours look so different once again........its hard sometimes to take photos of fabric and get the colour to show correct...........

Susan said...

sometimes simple is best.

jude's page said...

Looks great Lou, love how it's all come together. Doing some catchup blog reading this afternoon, too wet to go touring anywhere.

dq said...

Yay, a squirrel that caught your attention and is now a top. Great job!