Monday 12 August 2024

The outdoor photo shoot.

 It was a little late in the day, the sun was heading down behind the neighbours house creating shadows, but I was able to get some photos of not only the Morning Moon Fairies quilt, (My Chookshed Challenge this month), but also two others that were quilted last weekend and finally have their bindings closed and labels added.
Here we go...
A Southerly weather system blew through this morning, it didn't last long and has left a breeze in it's wake so getting things to hang nicely in Old Man Tree was almost impossible.
We will have to live with folds I'm afraid, and shadows.
On the whole Old Man Tree is a good holder upper, he doesn't complain and lets me take as many pictures as I like.
Here is a quick peek at the weather system that blew through earlier.
There were some very black skies behind that front and a heavy shower of sideways rain.
It was over very quickly and after less than two hours the sunshine was back.
*
I promised you three finished quilts...
My Spots and Stripes EPP quilt is completed.
It has yellow binding, using the same fabric that made the inner yellow border.
The backing is a pretty flannelette that I've had for a while.
Very happy to have this one completed.
And finally while the weather had it's ups and downs, I closed the binding on my Spotlight layer cake.
Sorry, I didn't come up with a better name for this one. LOL
Once again the breeze played with my work, but Old Man Tree did a great job.
The back of this one is a fun cloud design.
And works beautifully with the black and white stripe that I used for the binding.
I love it.
While I was outside taking quilty pictures I spied some pretty snowdrops in the garden.
I do love snow drops.
*
Well that's my news for today. I'm off to play with my latest EPP project.

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Old Man Tree is a very useful hanger for your completed quilts - well done on the finishes!

Janice said...

It’s good to see that old man tree was doing a good job, despite the breeze. At least that nasty weather system had blown over. All three quilts have turned out beautifully. Those early spring bulbs are always a welcome sight.

Rose Marie said...

Wow .... a trio of quilts. Wonderful to have them finished and able to be enjoyed. I saw your EPP quilt on the FB EPP site that you had posted. Lovely to see it again and I enjoyed your progress as you showed it to us.

Lin said...

Great pictures and three lovely quilt finishes. xx

Barwitzki said...

My God, your quilts are wonderful. Bravo!
Great job. Well done. I congratulate you.
And there's a hug for you :-))) YES.
P.s. I have French croissants in the oven, they look so good and I'm very excited.

cityquilter grace said...

oh wow..love spots and stripes....so jazzy and colorful!

dq said...

Great quilty photo shoot in the tree in between black clouds and showers. That is what our world is looking like as well. You are likely looking to spring while we are facing fall.

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on finishing up these two delightful quilts, I also love your use of Old Man Tree for display! I do envy you your snowdrops, I do wish they would grow successfully here in Auckland.

kiwikid said...

Old Man Tree did an amazing job with your beautiful quilts.

Fiona said...

A busy week and lovely quilts.... Old Man Tree had lots to do!
Hugz

Maria said...

Beautiful finishes . My favourite is the spots and strips ..