Thursday 1 August 2024

Goals for August.

 As usual I'll be aiming to achieve the goals laid out in the column on the right side of my blog.

You can see that #1 is the Chookshed Challenge.
Deana has selected number three for this month, which for me is a quilting challenge.
Morning Moon Fairies has been around for so long I can't remember who designed it! I promise to find more details before I write about it again.
It came as a kit and I put the top together in 2021 and it has lain in the to be quilted pile ever since as I over think the quilting.
Time to stop over thinking and get on with it.
My table top machine is set up for foundation paper piecing at the moment so onto the frame they will go and an edge to edge panto will be found. 
There, decision made.
That told me didn't it?
LOL

Goal #2 will be my RSC Kiwi birds.
Orange this month I believe.

Goal #3 should be to cross stitch a Christmas ornament.
I might miss the stitching part this month and actually turn some of the completed stitching in to fully finished ornaments! There are a few there now.

Goal #4  Work 15 minutes every day on some hand work.
Cross stitch, or finishing....
Crochet or EPP. New EPP project sat here waiting for me.....
Anything like that.

Goal #5 Work on a scrappy project.
My crochet is filling this goal at the moment, as I slowly use up a big bag of yarn to make blankets for work. 

Goal #6 Try a new recipe.
There will be more than one.
The first is in the oven baking as I type.
If it's a good one I will share.
A few people have mentioned trying/collecting the recipes I share. So I might look at doing separate posts for my new recipes like I did for the end of July.

As well as all of that I need to quilt a baby quilt top for an old colleague who is expecting.
Continue to make my Windy blocks.
Prepare some quilt as you go blocks for a ruler class that we are having at club this month,
and if that's not enough I think it might be time to make the trial wedding dress.
I cut the pattern pieces the other day so over the weekend I might just cut out some calico.

Well there you go. My goals all set out for the month of August.

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Busy, busy!

Maria said...

PHEW! Good luck with that busy long list for this month…..so much to do.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your orange lite birds….cheers, Louise

Hanne said...

I love your goals :-)
You can do it!

Lianne makes stuff said...

What a good set of goals, I am sure you will do your best, pep talk over have fun

Narelle said...

Wow and good luck!
Off to a good start with baking :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

No time to rest this month! Good luck meeting all your goals!

dq said...

You are blowing me away this year with how well you are doing on your goals! You said you weren't really into this and just look at what you are achieving!!! Your goal list is pretty long each month as well. Keep on sewing!

cityquilter grace said...

what a list! do you have the month off work or something? lol...be sure and eat your wheaties...

Jenny said...

Holy Cow. You will be busy. Good luck with those busy fingers.

Ondrea said...

I am exhausted reading your list lol. I remember those fairies. Looking forward to seeing them ticked off. Try not to eat too many naughty baked goods for energy lol.

kiwikid said...

Busy month coming up for you Lou, the fairies are lovely.

ButterZ said...

Good luck with the wedding dress