Tuesday 20 August 2024

A New Start.


Well we know I completely finished three quilts recently. And we also know that a finish means a start right?
I've had this project sat in the wings awaiting it's turn for some time. I had the first batch of papers and fabrics basted and ready to go at a moments notice. So last week I made a start on the sewing.
Chooky inspired me yet again. I saw her version of Sue Daley's Floral Lanterns in blue of course, and I was hooked. 
Mine will be blue too.
Most of these blue fabrics were purchased by Tony when he was away on a work trip a couple of years ago. I have added a few more since then with this project in mind and the white I also purchased specifically for this project.
I'm enjoying stitching the blocks together, they are really quick and easy to do, even with the Y seam.
When I started this morning I had a wee pile already made and a whole pile waiting to be sewn.
By mid afternoon I had run out of prepared pieces. So had a quick play with layout. Some of those paler blues prompted a quick shuffle.
Since then I have prepared more pieces, they are basted and ready to go. 
Initially I thought to make this quite a small project, but I changed my mind this afternoon. This project is evolving. I may need to dig into my blue stash for more fabrics and hunt for more white spots on white.
Thanks again for the inspiration Chooky. You enabler you!

15 comments:

Karen S said...

What a fascinating design. This looking lovely already.

Jennifer said...

That's a fun pattern.

Barwitzki said...

I'm sure you'll make a bigger blanket :-))) the blue fabrics are beautiful.
Thanks for your links - I clicked through and was very happy... fabrics and great works... it's just fun.
I am sending you a hug and lots of fun all the way.

Jeanette said...

Looks great. Look forward to watching it grow.

Maria said...

Yes it’s looks lovely and growing fast.
Enjoy finding more blues…

Lianne makes stuff said...

That looks like a great design, I wonder how far Chooky's has gone

jude's page said...

just been doing a lot of blog reading catching up, you have been busy, and loving to hear about your recipes too, love the delicate flower of the orchid.

Lin said...

Lovely! Going to make a great quilt. xx

Susan said...

Isn't it good to have someone to blame???....LOL....Blue & white is a lovely combination

cityquilter grace said...

love blue...love pattern....love it!

Fiona said...

What fun... the blocks design reminds me of the Houndstooth fabric...
Hugz

Ondrea said...

Ooooooo it is going to be bluetiful! I look forward to following your progress.

Ondrea said...

Not sure if my comment worked before. I said it will be bluetiful!

Chookyblue...... said...

I love being an enabler............its going to be great and those blocks did sewing up quickly.............

Janice said...

Looking good. You have made a great start.