Saturday 31 August 2024

September Goals.

August is over and September is upon us. So what plans do I have for September?
Deanna has selected # 7 this month for the Chookshed challenge. For me that means I must quilt a scrappy quilt.
I had a look in the to be quilted pile this morning and found two scrappy table runners.
I want to save those for practicing on after I have done my ruler class.  Of course there is a lot more in the pile, some of them are scrappy projects.
My crumb quilt, made earlier this year.
The Debbie Mum quilt top made from other peoples scraps.
And my scrappy triangles top, also completed earlier this year.
One of them will get the treatment sometime this month. I just have to decide which one and find a good backing fabric. 
*
Of course I have to complete my rainbow kiwi for the RSC, once we find out what colour to work with.
*
I still need to make a couple more Christmas ornaments, so I'll be cross stitching.
And I need to make some more progress on the Happily Ever After cross stitch.
Lots of beads to add to that one.
*
Work on a scrap project.....
See the Chookshed Goal. LOL
And it would be nice to get a little more done to my scrappy crochet.
*
I'll try to get in 15 mins a day, but I'm not committing to it. 
The sew a block before work thing has gone awry too, I'm just not getting into my room before work at the moment. I'll try to get back to it, but not holding my breath. 
*
Try some new recipes.
I keep on trying them, but forget to take pictures and blog about them.
Maybe I should amend this one to BLOG about new recipes. LOL
*
On top of all of that I have my ruler work class at club.
We have two club days this month, the class day and our normal meeting day.
Yay!  I booked leave from work so that I can attend class. I'm looking forward to that.
I also want to get lots more Windswept blocks made and make progress on my latest EPP. 
*
That little lot should keep me pretty busy.
Right at the end of the month I need to measure the bride again and make a decision about what size dress to cut. I've practised the pattern and it holds no secrets, I just need to know what size to make. By the end of the month we will be down to 4.5 weeks. I can make the dress in a day, no problem. The weight loss is the issue, small tweaks I can manage but if she has another big drop that might become a problem.  
*
I'm about to click on 'publish' for the second time today. If you wish to know how my August commitments went, read the previous post.
I'm off to find pictures of some recent new recipes.

11 comments:

kiwikid said...

Another busy month coming up for you, I hope the brides dress doesn't have to be a last minute rush for you!

Lianne makes stuff said...

That's a nice choice of quilts I love scrappy quilts

Lin said...

Lots of nice things to come - have a happy stitchy September. xx

Maria said...

Wonder which one of the three Scappies you choose…
You’ve got heaps to keep you very busy again.
Not sure if it’s a good thing for the bride to lose weight or not. Maybe enough so making the dress isn t a issue.

cityquilter grace said...

an ambitious list for sure esp one who works too...enjoy the ruler class!

jude's page said...

You amaze me just how much you achieve in your busy life, lots to keep you busy.....glad someone is getting some stitching time in.

Fiona said...

A busy month ahead. If you want some more ruler ideas PieceNQuilt have regular courses... using her rulers but you can adapt easily...
Hugz

Mystic Quilter said...

I hope you came across a suitable backing for whichever top you choose work work on first up. A bit of a predicament with the wedding dress, fingers crossed all works out well.

Karen S said...

As quilters, we are never short of choices when it comes to things to finish.

Rose Marie said...

You have a wide range of projects to work on and any should keep you busy. Looking forward what you will do after the ruler class. Have fun!

Janice said...

Your list of goals for this month are as bad as mine. I’m sure you will get to tick lots of them off the list.