Saturday 31 August 2024

August roundup.

August was a good month, I achieved a lot as usual. LOL
My Chookshed challenge for the month was to finally quilt and complete the Morning Moon Fairies quilt. It went onto the frame very early in the month.
On a beautiful sunny day.
It wasn't such a bright and beautiful day when I finally got to hang it in my hallway.
Right where you can see it as you walk in through my front door.
My RSC Kiwi were completed earlier in the month too.
This month I opted to swap out my mini cross stitch project and used the time to turn some previous minis in to Christmas ornaments.
Five small pieces got the treatment, then I turned my attention to another cross stitch project which has sat neglected for a few months.
It has actually progressed further than this image shows, I'll do a proper update for it soon.
I have failed to work for at least 15 mins each day but I'm ok with that. 
My scrappy crochet project has had very little love this month with only one square made. But that is progress so I'm ok with that too.
Yes, we have tried a few new recipes and I hope to get a post written about those soon.
I made great progress with my windswept quilt blocks, I'm still making up the B blocks.
I made a practice wedding dress. 
It was way too big!
That's a good problem to have. The bride is still losing weight and hopes to lose a lot more.
The dress is on hold for another month.
The wedding is 2nd November, so plenty of time for more weight loss. That just means that I'll be busy at the last minute which I hoped to avoid.
I started working on a new EPP.
Sue Daley's Floral Lanterns, in Blue of course.
I had one more goal.
Which I hope to achieve today. The very last day of the month.
I had mistakenly thought that my ruler class at club was in August. So glad to be wrong!
It is actually September. LOL  
I need to make up a couple of Quilt as you go blocks ready for the class. That's todays job. 
Though I see I have an email from Chooky, there may be a Chookshed meeting this morning.
I also need to have a look at what my goals need to be for September. 

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Busy, busy......at least you managed to accomplish some goals!

kiwikid said...

Wow! Another busy month for you, great quilting and kiwi blocks.

Maria said...

You sure get a lot done being a working women as well.
Cute Kiwis .

Fiona said...

You achieved a lot, the number of Kiwi blocks must be quite a lot by now...
Hugz

Janice said...

I’m finally catching up on blog reading …again. August was definitely a good month for you.