Saturday 21 September 2024

I quilted yesterday!

Do you recall back in the early days of this month I created some unplanned quilt tops using some fabric samples and panels?  It happened again, completely unplanned I found myself loading one of those tops on to my frame and I even pulled out a new to me Pantograph to try!
Another one from the bundle I was gifted many years ago.
It's a nice pattern to follow and I'm sure it will be used again and again.
I started on Wednesday then was called in to cover a shift at work. I hoped to finish it on Thursday, but on Wednesday evening Debbie suggested an impromptu sit n sew for Thursday. Great idea. But it didn't happen we decided on the day that we would take a quick road trip instead.
Yes we shopped and we visited an embroidery exhibition. More about both another day.
Back to the quilting.
I finally got it completed on Friday and what a beautiful day it was to be in my studio.
All around me the windows were showing me spring happenings in the garden.
It was a beautifully warm day and I had the door and windows open.
The top is not large, about cot size so it really didn't take me long to finish the quilting.
I had it trimmed and also go the binding sewn on before the house filled with guests.
Tony had arranged a BBQ.
*
I have also done some work on my EPP this week and pulled out another EPP project to work on.
A few blocks of my Windy project have been sewn and would you believe, I pulled out some knitting needles!
More about all of that and my day out another time, right now I need to get my A in to gear and get ready for club day. I need to fix a lunch box, find some treats for the girls and actually figure out what I'm taking to work on! LOL

No comments: