Monday 23 September 2024

Embroiderers guild exhibition.

As I mentioned in my previous post, Debbie and I visited the Ashburton Embroiderers Guild exhibition  on Thursday last week. Oh my goodness what a talented group of ladies.
I did take note of numbers and names but was told that many of the members did not want their details on social media so I won't add them. Just enjoy this lovely collection. 
Many of the pieces were under glass but I did my best. These blackwork books were stunning.
This beautiful cushion was so much brighter and more beautiful in real life. 
This piece was 3D and amazing.
So much detail. I love the shaggy dog.
The badges were very pretty and those wee plant pots were covered in French knots.
There were some lovely examples of cross stitch.
I think we can all relate to the next one. LOL
Not all of the pieces were small.
I saw two quilts but only snapped this one.
This was my viewers choice piece. I just love the dragonfly.
These stumpwork trees were so tiny, the whole this was only about 6 inches square.
I tried to capture the 3D
Another 3D piece was this pretty Lyre bird
It was difficult to capture but his tail feathers stood out from the fabric.
Like the blue cushion, this Poppy was much better in real life, it glowed under the lights.
Love this tiny rendition of Hampton court.
There were a few project bags. Sorry it's upside down, no matter what I do Blogger turns it this way.
There were lots of small pieces, too many to photograph.
An amazing white work owl.
And a very colourful owl.
He was amazing, with lots of different stitches.
The Presidents Challenge.
So many different ideas.
Loved this lady dressed in French knots.
And this one took me straight to Narnia, I expected Mr. Tumnus to walk by any moment.
The mandalas caught my eye too.
This little scissor keeper is so cute.
Speaking of scissors.
This one was very nearly declared as my favourite. I have always loved Monet's Waterlillies.
It was a tiny piece only about 2 inches by 1.5.
Beautifully executed.
There were many, many more pieces, these stood out for me.
You should be able to click on the images for a closer look. It is definitely worth it. 
*
Today has been a busy day in the garden, time to sit and sew I think.

2 comments:

Lin said...

Having clicked on the pictures and looked at them all before going through and reading your comments I had already earmarked the dragonfly, stumpwork gate and waterlilies as my favourites - haha. What an amazing collection of beautiful work. xx

Maria said...

So many talented folk.So much fabulous eye candy…