Saturday 7 September 2024

Some goings on...

I mentioned at the end of my last post that a nasty head cold had gotten a hold of me. Turned out to be nastier than I thought. By Thursday evening it had settled into a chest infection. Ugh!
Coughing and sneezing is no fun, but the chesty cough I have now is worse. Lets hope that two inhalers, tablets and a nasty tasting syrup can fix me up!
While keeping up to date with my boss she cheerily commented that she hoped I could at least get some sewing time in.
I did do a little crochet and on a brighter day had a go at making the sampler block for my rulerwork class. I had a few trials and made some amazing waves! In the end I pulled out my freezer paper in an effort to control the bias edges.
That's better. And I have enough of these fabrics left to make another block and possibly a pieced border. I'll see how the class goes.
These fabrics were in the big bundle I acquired last year. More sample pieces so not all the same size.
After the issues I had with that I decided that something requiring less brain power might be the way to go. So out came my trusty EPP. Blue Lanterns has grown, from this....
To this. Sorry about the wrinkles, it doesn't look that bad in real life.
I need to spend some time preparing more papers and making more blocks.  I think I'll be doing some of that today.
Something that has not progressed is my cross stitch. That requires way too much brain power. I did promise an update though. Last time I showed it the bottom half of the writing was complete.
The top half is now also done, just the vines and lots of beads to go.
Hopefully that won't take too long. Then I just need to decide if I will frame this one, or make a soft wall hanger with it.
*
The bride tells me she is still losing weight!
And we have the fabric for the flower girls dress.
I'll make a start soon.
*
I've been spending more time than is good for my bank account perusing pinterest.
I've found two large wool felt applique projects that I would love to do and countless other projects and ideas have made their way into my pinned folders. Oh dear.
I'd better get on and complete a few things first.
*
That's been my quiet week. I'm off to cut and glue baste. 
I hope every one Spring Stitchin' in the Scrub is having fun. 

10 comments:

Lin said...

Oh dear, sorry to hear things have got worse rather than better. Hope you are soon on the mend. I love the colour combo in that first block, gorgeous. And your lanterns are progressing a treat. xx

Mystic Quilter said...

Sorry to read that you're unwell and hope it's not too long before you're fighting fit again! Blue Lanterns has really grown since I last saw a photo.

Jennifer said...

Oh Lou - I hope you recover from your lurgy soon! Pinterest is a rabbit hole, it's very easy to spend quite a long time in it.

cityquilter grace said...

ick sorry to hear you are temporarily sidelined...lanterns is coming along very nicely!

Jenny said...

So sorry to read that you ended up with a chest infection, that sounds rather nasty. A little bit of fabric therapy is keeping you happily occupied, inbetween coughing, spluttering, and taking your medicine.

Fiona said...

I hope you are feeling heaps better...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Lots of great progress despite the dreaded lurgy - it has struck this side of the Tasman too.

Susan said...

Considering you are sick, you are still getting through a bit. Hope you are soon on he mend...those deep chesty coughs hurt so much.

Rose Marie said...

Hoping that you feel better soon!

Janice said...

I’m hoping your cold has finally gone away. You have still managed to get some stitching done, which is good. I hope the bride’s weight starts to level out soon, so you can get stitching. The cross stitch is gorgeous.