Monday 30 September 2024

September Roundup.

 Here we are at the end of another month.  Goodness this year is flying by so fast.
September started of well in my world, with three unexpected projects.
The floral sample fabrics even became a fully completed quilt.
The other two are still sat in the to be quilted pile. 
I came down with a chest infection following a bit of a head cold. That gave me time to sit with my EPP.
So my Blue Lanterns grew. They have grown more since I took this photo. And more fabrics have been purchased for them too.
I worked a little on the wedding sampler.
It hasn't changed since I took this image.
I fulfilled my Chookshed challenge by quilting a scrappy quilt.
Hmm, no cute photo shoot of the completed quilting, just this one with the holder uppers feet in artificial lights. It has since been donated to refugee resettlement here in town. 
I also attended a rulerwork class at club
That was fun.
Debbie and I visited the Ashburton embroiderer's guild exhibition and did a little shopping too.
Which meant I had to start a knitting project. LOL
Blogger still wants to turn my phot upside down. 
Never mind this wee scarf has grown a little since I took this photo.
A colleague is leaving to start another job soon and wanted to buy one of my quilts before she leaves, because she will no longer have the opportunity to win one in the raffle.
I've been working on Town Square.
It's finally been quilted and I hope to get the binding on tomorrow or Wednesday. 
I'll try to share more details about it's journey soon.
*
So how does all of that stack up against my goals for the month?

1) The Chookshed Challenge.  Completed.

2) RSC Kiwis.  I pulled them all out of the box and decided that I have just enough for a cute wee quilt. I opted not to make more, but will try to get some sashing on and complete a quilt top with them some time soon. 

3) Cross stitch a Christmas ornament. Nope!

4) 15 mins a day hand work. I think I missed a day or two, but I can live with that.

5) Work on a scrap project.  See the Chookshed challenge.

6) Try a new recipe.  Oh yes, more than one. I really need to do a post about food soon. 
*
I also measured the bride again yesterday. Her weight loss seems to have levelled off. I have 4 weeks to make the dress. 
EEK!
Four weeks till the wedding.
*
And that was my September.
How did yours go?

No comments: