Saturday 28 September 2024

Shopping and some other stuff.

In my last post I promised to let you have a look at my shopping from my impromptu day out with Debbie. And here it is.
I've been thinking and researching a lot about wool felt applique and finally got around to buying a book which I found at Annie's Country Quilts store. 
I might have a dabble.
Debbie and I also visited Ashford Mill outlet shop as Debbie wanted some yarn for a baby sweater. Some of the completed projects caught my eye and I found myself picking out a quick project.
Hmmm, blogger has turned it upside down!  Never mind, you get the picture.
And just in case you need to know....
It's opal funny fruits sock yarn. The project has progressed a bit since I took this photo, but no in a huge way. LOL
About a week ago I blogged about quilting this lovely and promised a photo shoot when the weather was cooperating. So here you are, pictures of a quilt in a cherry tree.
And hanging on the deck rail.
A colleague at work asked if she could purchase one of my quilts.  Of course, which one would you like. 
Town Square was not yet quilted so I had to find backing for it.
Then get it loaded on to the frame. You can't really see it here but the four fabrics used are a Maori design.
Urban elements Pacific design seemed like the right pantograph to use.
I've done a few rows today, in between building some more greenhouse space and having a tidy up in the garden. We couldn't find the perfect size greenhouse for the space we wanted to use and ended up with two smaller structures back to back.
Here is a better view.
And you can see my cauliflower in the next bed.
It's nearly the end of the month and time to think about what I need to achieve next month.
More about that next time.

No comments: