Wednesday 6 March 2019

A Couple of Finishes.

Debbie was having a sort out recently and offered me some picture frames. Most were quite small and just right for adding family photos to my rouges gallery in the front hall. One however is much larger and inspired some finishing.
I cross stitched this piece way back in 2016 and it has since hung in the wardrobe awaiting it's turn. Today, it's turn finally came.
I had to remove the glass from the frame as there are many small beads and some very pretty flower shaped buttons added to the vine that curls between the words.
I put a layer of cotton quilt batting between my stitching and the hard board back then laced  my work into place.
Not the greatest photo, sorry. 
I'm very happy with the finished result and have hung it in our bedroom.
That done I decided to carry on and finish another piece. The more recently finished Jewelled Elephant also got his turn today.
Rather than framing him I laced him onto an acid free canvas frame and added a felt backing a little crochet hanger and a sequin trim.
TADA!!
All finished and ready to be gifted at Christmas time.
Last job, before I sat down was to set up my light box and trace the stitchery design onto block three of my quilt project and prepare the English paper pieces for a Dresden flower to go onto the green square.
I might get on with a little slow stitching once I'm done here.
It's such a beautiful day, maybe I should sit outside while I stitch.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Two lovely finishes Lou. Did you stitch your Happy ever after to commemorate your wedding?

Maria said...

Both beautiful Lou..
Hope you got to sit and do some stitching..

Janice said...

How good to have two stitcheries showcased. They are lovely. Enjoy stitching your next block.

Karen S said...

These are two lovely finishes. The framing looks great on the first one and I like the idea of stretching the elephant over the canvas.
Lovely work.