Wednesday 27 March 2019

Framed

Tony took the day off work yesterday, to spend time with me. So I didn't settle with my stitchery and in fact struggled to settle with anything. We cleared the tomatoes out off the green house as they were getting leggy and tired, with many fruit dropping before they could ripen. We left the chilli peppers though, as they are still doing well. Then we pottered in the garden doing one or two smaller jobs.
We went out for lunch and a look around the shops. I've been needing a new whizzy stick thing for the kitchen for a while and we found one at a very special price and also purchased some new tubs for the freezer. Once home again we pottered about doing various jobs together and separately and late in the afternoon I found myself in my little room with a picture frame in one hand and a cross stitched piece in the other.
Do you remember the Endangered Species Collage?
I Started stitching it just about the time I started blogging, way back in 2007
Almost a year later after discovering patchwork and quilting I revisited it in May of 2008.
Then I must have worked on it quietly for a while, without blogging about it, before putting it away for what ever reason, as I have no record of it until August 2013 when I pulled it out of it's hidey hole almost completed. Then right at the end of August in the same year I showed the image below and celebrated it's completion.
Since then it has languished , first in my portfolio then in the wardrobe awaiting it's turn.
 And here it is, framed and hanging in the quilting room.
It's in good company, hanging with two other smaller cross stitched pieces.
Finally my endangered babies are completed and have a home.
I see the beginnings of an ego wall here. maybe I'll get some more pieces framed.....
It was interesting going back through my blog and linking up to old posts. You could click on the links and see what else I was up to back then and how much things have changed.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Such a lovely finish, whats a few years while stitching, you got there in the end. Did you find out what all your animal babies were?

Janice said...

I certainly remember you working on this piece and it is so good to see it hanging on the wall. You should definitely have a nice collection of your "portfolio" on show where you can enjoy them.

Karen S said...

Well done getting it finished!!

Maria said...

Such a gorgeous Cross stitch completed... I wonder if it would be a nice one for your GS ??