Monday 11 March 2019

Crochet Progress.

I didn't do any work on my stitchery last Wednesday, I sat instead with my crochet.
While I was sorting photos for this post I realised that it's been a month since I last showed my progress on this piece. This is where you saw it last, back at the beginning of February.
And here it is now. I didn't realise how much progress I had made.
I sat yesterday and started to fill in the triangles at the bottom. 
It was a good project to be working on as the weather has cooled somewhat and Tony left for a week long work thing, so I was feeling a little out of sorts. It was nice to have a big cosy blanket to snuggle under while I crafted.
I'll need to go and buy some more yarn as I have only enough to finish filling in the triangles.
*
My quilt project is not entirely neglected. On Friday before my later start at work I English Paper Pieced the Dresden plate flower and machine appliqued it into place. I even managed to pop the centre on . I really was cutting it fine though and didn't have time to tidy my threads. LOL
I have to say, this flower is a lot neater and has a better finish than my first attempt on block one. I think I'm not yet ready for hand applique. And this will be way I go for the other two Dresden flowers in later blocks. 
I'm off to do some domestics, if I get them done today before work, I can do as I please on my days off work this week. No extras this week, so two whole days off. 



3 comments:

Maria said...

Great progress on the crocheting . I like the colours you are using...
Cute wee Dresden..

Karen S said...

Lovely to see the crochet growing. Yes, it is cooling down and a great time to work with yarn.
The dresden is looking good. Looks like you have mastered these.

Janice said...

You certainly are making good progress on the blanket. Definitely the project for cooler weather. This latest block is also coming along famously. Enjoyu the luxury of two days off.