Saturday 25 July 2020

Two finishes!

Kaffetastic is at last, fully finished. Bound and hanging in our hallway.
This is the very colourful sight that greets you as you enter our home.
As you can see, it is a bit too wide to hang where it is, because of a combination of the placement for the pole supports and they way I have attached the hanging sleeve, but if I have a little rearrange of the sleeve, I should be able to get rd of the overhang on the left side. Problem then is, it will be off centre in the hallway. LOL  So maybe I'll just leave things as they are. 
The binding is more of the black with white spot fabric and looks really good.
I have to say I'm very pleased with this one.
And my second finish is just as colourful. The little crochet blanket is just as colourful as my quilt.
It has turned out rather nicely, even if it did make me swear. 
You see the hook still on the bottom corner as when I took this photo I was still debating adding a pretty border. I opted not to do so and what you see here is the finished thing.
'l just need to block it and add a Loulee label.
I'm busy with more colourful wee squares, making up another wee blanket. Both will go to Grand child #5 when he arrives later this year.
Grand child #4 is keeping her daddy waiting. She is 8 days overdue now. The midwife has knocked on the door twice, but she just isn't coming out.
This caveman is the Daddy waiting. My son 'Jiffy' Jonathan. 
He sent me this picture recently as he skippered the boat out to the fishing grounds around the Isle of Man.
On the scrappy quilt front......
I didn't make a decision yet.
LOL
I'm still spending a LOT of time, too much time on Pinterest researching.
LOL


8 comments:

Maria said...

Great to have Kaffee finished and hung. The little crochet rug looks lovely.
Nice photo of your son.

Lin said...

One needs plenty of warmth when skippering around the Isle of Man! Hope #4 arrives soon. Beautiful finish on Kaffetastic and the little blanket is lovely too. xx

Fiona said...

Kaffetastic looks just great and will be a great wall hanging.... lovely work on the blanket too. Happy days waiting for new one.... hand made blankets and quilts are so good to have...
Hugz

Ali Honey said...

Well done. Great finish with Kaffe. Hanging them is not always easy or convenient in the spaces we have.

kiwikid said...

Great finishes, your quilt looks wonderful on the wall and the crochet blanket is lovely too, despite the challenges 😁. Great photo of your son. I hope the grand baby turns up soon .

Karen S said...

Your quilt will be a lovely greeting for visitors. It looks great.
And well done with the crochet finish, too. Hope that baby turns up soon!

Bethan said...

Kaffe is stunning! I love how colourful it is! And the crochet blanket too. Finger crossed the baby turns up soon! x

Janice said...

Two great finishes. It’s a good photo of Jiffy. - wild and woolly main on a wild and woolly sea.