Sunday 12 July 2020

A Finish.

My Kaffetastic top is complete.
I must confess, I was never inspired by these big bold flowery prints, seeing them on the shelves at the fabric shops, they never spoke to me, never even a whisper of what they could become.
Then when I saw the model for this quilt hanging on the back wall of the Quilting Shed....
It started with a whisper, that became a shout and one day, just before COVID 19 stopped the world I succumbed and bought the kit.
I could have finished the top a lot faster, but procrastinated along the way, working on several projects at the same time. Something quite new for me. But here it is at last. Looking a little pale and washed out in this picture I have to say, it really is Kaffetastic in real life.
Many of those points gave me issues and as a result, many don't meet as nicely as I would like them to, but overall I am pleased with my efforts.
Now to find something to back it with and get it quilted, so it can hang properly in my hallway for a while.
I think I'll keep the quilting simple, with some cross hatching.
I feel that anything more would be lost amid all those incredibly busy fabrics.
*
I have quite a few off cuts of those very bright and pretty colours.
I feel a wee bonus project may come along.

14 comments:

Julie said...

That Kaffetastic quilt is just stunning Lou!! I follow a lady on Youtube & she makes quite a few simple but effective Kaffe Fasset quilts - the colours are always so vibrant. I think the cross hatching quilting sounds perfects. Wishing you a great week ahead. xx

Ondrea said...

It look awesome! I think simple cross hatching is a good choice for the quilting because the fabrics are very busy and a more intricate quilting would be too much. Just my opinion but you need to do what you want as it is your quilt. We all seem to be critical of our stitching but sometimes we are the only ones who notice lol. You shoukd be very proud.

Jenny said...

It's always exciting to have a finished top, this one is lovely. Must admit I've never had anything to do with Kaffe.

Fiona said...

lovely top ... its come together beautifully and as you say a lovely way to show off the fabrics...
Hugz

Ali Honey said...

A great way to tame the Kaffe fabrics.

Karen S said...

Your quilt top looks wonderful. It is a lovely size too.
Sometimes a kit is the perfect way to go.

Janice said...

It certainly is nice and vibrant. Nice and cheerful on a winter’s day. I wonder what you will back it with?

Maria said...

Fantastic finish and I think cross hatch quilting will be great.

Lin said...

Congratulations! It looks kaffetastic! xx

Radka said...

WOW! B e a u t i f u l!
xx

dq said...

Congratulations! IT is lovely, and I bet it feels real good too!

kiwikid said...

Well done on a great finish, the quilt top looks wonderful.

jude's page said...

It looks fantastic, and cross hatching sounds like a good plan. Don't worry about the points, finished is better than perfect.

AnnieO said...

Wow, Lou! It looks so good! Glad you finished the top and ate happy with it. Fun fun fun fabrics.